Dinner Friday 8-23-2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Well, I finally did it. I made Minnesota Tater Tot hotdish for the first time. That's what the Elders are eating tonight. Dad'll have a tossed salad, Mom will have some fruit.

Got some fresh fish at the supermarket today. Salmon for me and haddock for SO. Not sure of sides. Maybe broccoli or zucchini.

Got a fresh lamb rack from the supermarket today - cut it up into rib chops for grilling on the BBQ tonite, after marinating all day - as per the recipe I separately posted this morning - see thread "Lamb Rib Chops at their best".

To serve with Caesar salad.

These chops are delicious & so quick & easy to do - marinade recipe is my own - a short one, but does extremely well as a flavoring agent for these tender chops.

Last edited:
While I'm not a fan of croutons, I do enjoy them fresh made. I finished off the last of homemade white wheat bread and made some tonight. Topped our salads with them (ain't they purdy?) and had them with the last of our flat bread pizzas from Monday.
IMG_20190823_210218173.jpg

We ordered from our favourite Indian resto. We had lamb samosas, onion bhajis, vegetable pakora, chicken tika, Madras chicken, and two roti. We drank Wernesgrüner, a nice German beer with that. I really enjoyed that supper. We have yummy leftovers.

We ordered from our favourite Indian resto. We had lamb samosas, onion bhajis, vegetable pakora, chicken tika, Madras chicken, and two roti. We drank Wernesgrüner, a nice German beer with that. I really enjoyed that supper. We have yummy leftovers.

Sounds superb - wish we'd have been there !

We should go out next time you are in Montreal.

That would be nice - we may visit Montreal again within the next year or two.
I lived in Montreal for a few years in the mid to late 70's - loved many of the fabulous restaurants in old Montreal - but my favorite was "Chez La Mere Michele" near the main downtown core - which is likely no longer in existence.

Thanks for the link, Andy, but I can't imagine that the 1970's Chez La Mere Michele, then a fairly expensive fine dining restaurant located in a well-designed & comfortably romantic cavern-like basement venue of a very old brick building (not on Masson St.,) had morphed into the casual family pizza-burger-type eatery that is today's 'Chez La Mere' - but I suppose it's possible. LOL

That tater tot dish looks super good. Kind of like a cottage pie using tater tots instead of mash.

I chuckle anytime I think about tater tots because my son, when he was little, called them tatter toots. I miss those days.

Anyway, my dinner last night was a shrimp quesadilla and I made something for myself I haven't had in a long time - sweet potato tempura. Got hooked on that years ago when I tried some at a Japanese restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom