Dinner Friday, 8-29-2014 ~ Did anyone out there cook or eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
No dinner thread? I guess everyone is doing the same thing I am...leftovers!

I did make a big, fresh relish tray to go with a couple Penzeys dips. Himself and each did our own salvage operations. He had grilled kielbasa sandwiches on rye bread. I used some of last night's fish and made a tasty (ie: non-McDonald's) fillet of fish sandwich. Not much in an eating mood today. That can be a good thing!

We both cooked and ate. Pepperoni pizza.

It looked about like this one I made earlier.

1591-albums817-picture4445.jpg

DH went for a haircut, and picked up stuff from a local salad bar.

I was out all afternoon and didn't get home until after 6 and was tired, so just threw together a breakfast-for-dinner meal. Scrambled eggs, sausage links, and toasted rye.

after our last day of swimming, fishing, and shopping down the shore, we headed home. i picked up takeout chinese for dw and my boy when we go t home, but i wasn't hungry so i just took a nap and headed into work.

i'm so hungry now that i can't decide what to eat. diner, sushi, chinese, pizza, ...

i'm thinking either a burger, reuben, or open faced turkey.

after our last day of swimming, fishing, and shopping down the shore, we headed home. i picked up takeout chinese for dw and my boy when we go t home, but i wasn't hungry so i just took a nap and headed into work.

i'm so hungry now that i can't decide what to eat. diner, sushi, chinese, pizza, ...

i'm thinking either a burger, reuben, or open faced turkey.

Reuben sounds good. I have the sauerkraut, all I need now is the rye bread, and Swiss cheese along with the corned beef. Then I can pig out. Oh, I forgot the Thousand Island dressing. :angel:

We went to Restaurant Depot yesterday and picked up a few Items to process and cook this weekend. I grabbed a case of Malpeque Bay oysters.

We had grilled chicken thighs marinated in an Asian style and finished with an Asian style glaze/dipping sauce (the dipping sauce was kept separate), with a daikon/carrot slaw and pineapple-coconut rice. I had to check them oysters out, so I popped open a 1/2 dozen. A little squeeze of lime and a drop or two of sriracha. Wow! some great tasting oysters.:yum:

I bought a London broil on sale earlier in the week, so yesterday I scored and marinated half of it (the other half is in the freezer) in Italian salad dressing before DH grilled it, along with a couple ears of corn. Sliced it and served it over salad with crostini topped with homemade pesto, chopped garden tomato and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom