Dinner Friday 8th of March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you so much V, that is so lovely of you to say :)

Steve wanted me to let you know that he was cooking it with me :LOL:

It does help with air conditioning but yes, takes a toll on you during the heatwaves

oho! by all means steve, let's give credit where credit is due, so--good job, steve!:)

my pulled pork came out great. i made half of it spicy vinegar (carolina) style, and half with sweet baby ray's bbq sauce.

i've got about 2 1/2 quarts left, so i froze a quart and will have the rest this eeek at work. :pig:

Sounds really nice Tom...and thank you for your comment on my meal a few pages back too :)

P1010036.JPG

WOW! Beautiful nice and colorful.

wow, mofet, your hard rolls look perfect!

nice rice and stir fry, kylie.

lol, armadillo. i almost always good food shopping without a plan. well, maybe some ideas in mind, but i end up getting what's on sale or what just looks too good to pass up.

i finally got around to making the pulled pork i'd planned all week. thankfull the pork butt was still good.

dw had thrown out my brown sugar because she said it went bad (it had hardened up, ) so i just added some molasses to white sugar. it worked out pretty well.

time to eat!
Thank you bucky.

YIKES on the brown sugar. I always wanted to try the molasses and white sugar thing. Is it as good?

Nice buns. Msmofet!

and i agree with roch, msm's buns are a truly magnificent sight!

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:ohmy: :blush: Thank you
I agree Kylie :LOL:

Dinner tonight was shrimp sautéed with artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers in a white wine sauce, served over pasta.

The family is getting the curry stew and I'm going to have a turkey reuben sandwhich on rye with swiss cheese and spicy brown mustard.

Stirling isn't well and not much agrees with him at the moment. Pizza usually does, even when he is ill, so I picked up a Little Caesars hot and ready pepperoni pizza and an order of wings for me (they winked at me when I went in to order the pizza). The wings were good and the pizza agreed with Stirling's tummy enough that he ate all but the one piece I had taken. One of those medium pizzas is usually what the two of us share.

Michelle, here is the fried recipe we use, I gave it to Hal too

Easy Fried Rice

We also add water chestnuts and shrimp to the mix!
So the rice is cooked like pasta in a lot of water then drained when tender? I've never made rice that way but I do cook barley like that.

So the rice is cooked like pasta in a lot of water then drained when tender? I've never made rice that way but I do cook barley like that.
If that is what she is saying then I totally agree. I have cooked rice like that for year. When the rice is done to my liking, I just place the pot in the sink and run cold water into it slowly so the rice doesn't spill out. When the water and rice becomes cold,I drain the rice and fluff it up. It is now ready for just about any treatment.

If that is what she is saying then I totally agree. I have cooked rice like that for year. When the rice is done to my liking, I just place the pot in the sink and run cold water into it slowly so the rice doesn't spill out. When the water and rice becomes cold,I drain the rice and fluff it up. It is now ready for just about any treatment.
Anything other than as hot buttered rice as a side dish. BUT great for fried rice and such.

MM, that is the boiling method.

With the absorption method, you only put a small amount of water in...so 1 cup of rice to 1 1/2 cups of water

The rice absorbs all the water over about 12-14 minutes and becomes very soft and fluffy :)

With the absorption method, you only put a small amount of water in...so 1 cup of rice to 1 1/2 cups of water

The rice absorbs all the water over about 12-14 minutes and becomes very soft and fluffy :)
Thats the way I cook all my rice. I usually do 2:1 ratio

Yes, it always works out really nice, especially for fried rice, it prevents it from being sticky :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom