Dinner Friday 8th of March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ROFL :ROFLMAO:

Here I am Snip :)

Tonight we made fried rice and a sweet and sour chicken, both very tasty :yum:

P1010036.JPG

I love shrimp fried rice. Since I never get take out anymore I should really learn to make it.

I'm going to cook up Lucia's rissoto & pork sausage recipe. I just finished Googling the conversions.

Beef stew is made. Added a few dashes of smoked chipotle tabasco, completely ruined the dish lol! How can something that tastes so good become gross in stew?
Won't make that mistake again.
Maybe it's just my taste buds. Flu tends to make things taste funny.

Kylie - help me out on the fried rice. Mine always ends up like a homemade glue. Did you do the rice in a cooker first?

Hey, GA. The rice doesn't have to be made in a cooker first, but it does need to be premade, either on the stove top or in a microwave, and then cooled before making the fried rice. It's traditionally made with leftover rice.

I don't know yet what we're doing for dinner tonight.

When making fried rice, rinse long grain rice thoroughly, cook it in a little less water than usual. Store in the fridge overnight or spread the cooked rice on a cookie sheet and refrigerate it for 30 minutes or so.

I've heard it's best made with leftover rice, but I rarely have any leftover rice :pig:

Not sure yet. Hot dogs are a possibility as is chicken wings or spaghetti. We'll see what I feel like fixing when suppertime rolls around.

Last chance between snow and blizzards here. Sunny 40's F today. Dusting the snow off the grill. Grilling pork chops (incl an extra one) Rice and a veggie.

I was thinking about slicing the extra chop for oven warming and make fajitas tomorrow, Fried rice sounds equally as good, so extra rice in the kettle as well. Today and tomorrow dinner practically made in one swoop.

This was my first try at Kaiser Rolls. I think I got the “knot” right. They smell fantastic and I can’t wait to try them. I will stop at the store after picking my DD up from work. That’s when I will decide if it will be cheeseburgers or cold cuts with French fries for dinner.

Sesame Kaiser Rolls

img_1246320_0_06975966ccb17cfb8416138af4e9598c.jpg

We had breakfast for dinner as I keep seeing it on here and thinking it sounds good. Bacon, egg, baked beans, sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes and some tiger bread we picked up today. It was fab.

I unsettled my dh as we went to the supermarket with no mealplan and just bought nice looking stuff (new supermarket). We're free wheeling it this week :eek::eek: it'll be awesome, a disaster or both :LOL:

wow, mofet, your hard rolls look perfect!

nice rice and stir fry, kylie.

lol, armadillo. i almost always good food shopping without a plan. well, maybe some ideas in mind, but i end up getting what's on sale or what just looks too good to pass up.

i finally got around to making the pulled pork i'd planned all week. thankfull the pork butt was still good.

dw had thrown out my brown sugar because she said it went bad (it had hardened up, :() so i just added some molasses to white sugar. it worked out pretty well.

time to eat!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom