Dinner Friday 9/19/14?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, lighting and angle are different than in your shot. Here I figured she had "styled" a different plate and shot that one. Doesn't matter what picture though, it looked delicious in both.

For a while I did food demos at a local grocery store. The store also had a cooking school inside, and the head of our department had worked at Meredith Corporation, developing recipes and writing cookbooks. She said she was amazed at what a food stylist did to prepare a plate for its photo. She also said most of those foods in photos were no longer edible - but there were government rules as to how much tweaking was allowed. After all, you can add only so much varnish to maple syrup before you can no longer call it that!

Ah, lighting and angle are different than in your shot. Here I figured she had "styled" a different plate and shot that one. Doesn't matter what picture though, it looked delicious in both.

For a while I did food demos at a local grocery store. The store also had a cooking school inside, and the head of our department had worked at Meredith Corporation, developing recipes and writing cookbooks. She said she was amazed at what a food stylist did to prepare a plate for its photo. She also said most of those foods in photos were no longer edible - but there were government rules as to how much tweaking was allowed. After all, you can add only so much varnish to maple syrup before you can no longer call it that!
No, we both do the plating--she put the three olives on top! From her last week, I learned "less is better, pile it high."

Back
Top Bottom