Dinner Friday April 11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just the border and I, and so I used up the last of my perogies in the freezer. I have a feeling I won't be making any more for awhile, so we savoured them. Fried up some garlic sausage, sauted onions in a ton of butter and had sour cream, tomatoes and cucumbers on the side.

went shopping, on way home stopped at fresh and quick or whatever it is. bought some vegs. egg rolls. will have for dinner, and fruit for dessert.

very warm here today 86 deg. so not much in the mood to cook.

babe

We had pepperoni/mushroom/cheese stromboli.

Going out for a fish fry would've been better, but we've got a blizzard going on here, so I was glad to stay home! Wow, so different than your weather, babe!

We're on vacation and in Montana. Lucky for us, we found a Cracker Barrel and ate there. DH got chicken fried steak, I got Chef salad with a side of fried apples. So good............what a treat, what yummy food.

We are pulling up carpet in the guest bath and putting in tuscan tile..So at 4 we both looked at each other and decided we were hungry..What to have, I'd made some meatballs yesterday so I got out 2 cans of ground tomatoes, sauted several cups of chopped onions and garlic, added basil,marjoram,parsley all fresh,red wine salt and pepper,some black olives, and this was, my first stab at a marinara. It turned out great I added the meatballs and got them nice and hot and we put this over bowls of linguine..I usually make a pasta sauce that cooks for hours with imported dry mushrooms and have never tried marinara..I find I love it.It had a sweetness from the tomatoes that was nice in the mouth and the herbs were just right...I think this will be a keeper for us...DH had a salad and some bread and lotsa meatsa balls:LOL: Me just some of the pasta..Later we will have some Strawberry jello in parfait glasses with fresh strawberrys in between layers of the jello and some whipped cream on top..

kadesma

By the time I got round to thinking about dinner, I was too tired to bother so I grabbed a Lean Cuisine from the freezer. Now the reason I bought this was that it was on special and the trays make good water and biscuit bowls for the outside cats, and mine keep on getting stolen!! So I thought, have a cheap meal, get the tray, and be relatively healthy for a meal. Well, the meal (vegetarian canneloni) was really rather horrible, the tray was broken so I had to not only chuck the tray but also make washing up and put it on a plate AND the plate suitable for reheating the canneloni was not deep enough to put cling film over it so my microwave got splattered with tomato sauce!!!! On the bright side, I have some freezer space back!! LOL

you should have given the cats the lean cuisine, bilby.

last night was another bbq grill night. this time, chicken thighs in kraft thick-n-spicy bbq sauce. baked spuds, lesieur baby peas, raw baby carrots, and fresh polish rye bread and butter.

then i gave into my cravings and went out for a coupla slices around midnight. topped with chopped shallots and sriracha.

then i fried up some hickory bacon, and topped a leftover baked potato with the crumbled bacon and sour cream.

i much prefer the term "cravings" over "munchies". :cool:

To go with the Thai salads, I made shrimp cocktail with Thai sweet chili sauce mixed with a little sriracha for dipping. DH didn't think that would be enough, so I also thawed some chicken legs; he grilled those and brushed them with a BBQ sauce made from mixing hoisin sauce and garlic-chile puree. Spicy and delicious!

To go with the Thai salads, I made shrimp cocktail with Thai sweet chili sauce mixed with a little sriracha for dipping. DH didn't think that would be enough, so I also thawed some chicken legs; he grilled those and brushed them with a BBQ sauce made from mixing hoisin sauce and garlic-chile puree. Spicy and delicious!

Can I move in with you guys? You always have something GREAT!! :)

Back
Top Bottom