Dinner Friday April 11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
I figured someone would do this by now!
Roasting a chicken. Will try not to make gravy. :(

why... gravy is good!!

I'm not sure what we'll do for dinner
but I do know that green beans and onions will be on the menu for a start.

I'm going to make big Thai spring roll-inspired salads with leftover wine-butt chicken, rice noodles, lettuce, shredded carrots and cucumber, and sesame-ginger dressing. Seems like I should have something else with that ... maybe I'll get DH to stop at the store and get some frozen egg rolls.

Sounds like me :-p Man, between that, chicken skin and roasted garlic, I think you and I would have a great time cooking together :cool:

Yeah probably good for both our waists that we don't live closer! :chef:

The new free fridge arrived today (per the energy saving program here). It's supposed to have been the same size as my old fridge 18.2 cu. Guess what. All my food does not fit into the freezer. So I have chicken & brats defrosting. I may turn it into paella or a dish I saw advertised called chicken skilletini - pasta/sausage/chicken. Gonna have to wing it.

Last edited:
:chef:what a lucky fellow I am!!! King Crab Legs-steamed...straight from "The Deadliest Catch" 'crew'-don't know yet what else-but-what else do I need!!:cool:

Going to a Silent Dinner at the mall tonight so I will partake of the food court offerings. For those not familiar, a Silent Dinner is a time for the Deaf community to get together for socializing. I must attend a required number of these for my degree in sign language interpretation.

Like Amy, I too am winging my dinner tonight which will be pasta, spicy sausage, tomatoes, onions, maybe throw in some shrimp or chicken, red pepper flakes, sundried tomatoes, garlic, etc etc and just hope it's good! Chicken curry for my husband with white rice.

Left over pork chops for the main dish and Bilby's Creamed sprouts and mushrooms for the veg. The last of the apple pie for dessert. That will finish up all this week's leftovers, so now it is time to start planning next week's menu.

Made the all recipies hot dog buns, but, made them into hamburger buns, Ground a 50 / 50 mixture of round and chuck, made hamburgers. Broiled with chipotle seasoning and melted chedar on top.

A little tomato and kechup.

DH went went grocery shopping today, and brought home some eye of round steaks for chicken fried steaks. He has one of those new meat tenderizers that stabs the meat with a bunch of little blades, and wants to try it out.
Of course, that means mashed potatoes and gravy, and probably green beans or corn.

Made the all recipies hot dog buns, but, made them into hamburger buns, Ground a 50 / 50 mixture of round and chuck, made hamburgers. Broiled with chipotle seasoning and melted chedar on top.

A little tomato and kechup.

how are your buns today??? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom