"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
Master Chef

Dinner, Friday April 13?

Happy Friday the 13th! I'm making grilled chicken satay over brown rice and sauteed veggies (probably the usual suspects--broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, onions, squash and carrots)

Old 04-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #2
Head Chef

In Italy its Friday the 17th that's bad luck....phew!

I roasted some chicken legs seasoned and with lots of rosemary in the pan (they have just come out of the oven). So, after we have packed for our weekend trip and given the cat sitter the keys to let herself in the morning after we leave, I'll cobble together a roast chicken salad and we'll sit on the floor on the balcony and people watch with that and a glass of wine.

ETA: did something with the salad chicken I haven't done for a while but is great: shredded it, mixed with spring onion, mayo and worcester sauce. I usually do it with tuna for sandwiches, but this is great as a salad topper. :)

Old 04-13-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
Everymom

Got a pot of chicken soup on for my ailing kiddo, and will be doing chicken cacciatore at Ken's request for our supper.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Happy Friday the 13th to all of you too.
It's our Wedding Anniversary today.
Getting ready to make an awesome drive to Cambria and stay at a Bed and Breakfast there for the weekend. 33 years of wedded bliss, well, 33 years of marriage anyway. Bliss, not always, love and adoration, completely. Thank God he's the most incredible person and I actually got him, way back when, in 9th grade. hahah

Dinner tonight will be somewhere very nice up there somewhere. Don't know where yet as that's not in stone but the fancy clothes are packed so it's sure to be wonderful.

Now all you you remember, no walking under ladders, no black cats, no chicken toes or roosters combs and have the best Friday ever.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Friday the 13th has always been a lucky day for me and mine!! I think it is the attitude and belief that most of us make our own luck at times. If you expect bad things...then that is what you shall get. For supper it is going to be broiled pork steaks, fried grit cakes, over-easy eggs, sliced tomatoes and toast.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #6
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
I brought some cheese, crackers, and grapes for lunch because Friday is normally take-away supper day. No idea exactly what the take-away will be, but I think it's the mushroom cheesesteak hoagie place's turn!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #7
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
I changed my mind. After rereading the deep fryer thread, I think I'll drag mine out and make fish & chips tonight. Or better yet, I'll walk across the street to the seafood place that used to be the beach snack bar and buy THEIR fish & chips. I may cost me around 8 bucks, but it's much less labor intensive!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #8
Executive Chef

I just made roasted red pepper hummus, baba ganoush to serve with falafels in whole wheat pita and salad! Oh and we are enjoying some yummy Italian wine.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #9
Executive Chef

I'm making Chicken and Dumplings from the Better Homes and Garden cookbook.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #10
Master Chef

We have birthday party to go to for a friends little boy so it'll be pizza for us.