Dinner Friday April 29?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In keeping with the "if you didn't take a pic, it didn't happen" that I read here today, here's my dinner tonight.
Who said that? I missed it. Many people don't post pics for whatever reason. I just got a digital camera before I started on the cooking forums (before that I had a Nikon 35 MM) or I wouldn't be posting pics either!!

Looks good PaC!

We had my version of Kayelle's "green eggs and ham" for dinner tonight. Served buttered baby limas on the side, iced tea and the last of the pineapple cake for dessert.

The green eggs and ham was very well received.

We had my version of Kayelle's "green eggs and ham" for dinner tonight. Served buttered baby limas on the side, iced tea and the last of the pineapple cake for dessert.

The green eggs and ham was very well received.
I missed that recipe. How is it made?

She really didn't post a recipe per se, but that cooked spinach, sliced/quartered hard-boiled eggs, chopped ham (all layered), then covered with a cheese sauce and baked.

What I did was to cook up 8 ounces of chopped spinach in the microwave, drain it and put it on the bottom of a greased 2-quart casserole.

On top of that I put a layer of sliced hard-boiled eggs, about 3, and then chopped up a bunch of baked ham and used that as the top layer. I salted the spinach and eggs as I layered them, but not the ham as it was already salty enough for our taste.

After all that, I made a medium white sauce, adding about a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, some salt and freshly ground black pepper and about a cup or so of shredded Cheddar cheese. Poured that over the ingredients in the casserole, covered it with foil and baked it for about 45 minutes at 350F.

Don't know if that's what Kayelle had in mind, but we liked it.

She really didn't post a recipe per se, but that cooked spinach, sliced/quartered hard-boiled eggs, chopped ham (all layered), then covered with a cheese sauce and baked.

What I did was to cook up 8 ounces of chopped spinach in the microwave, drain it and put it on the bottom of a greased 2-quart casserole.

On top of that I put a layer of sliced hard-boiled eggs, about 3, and then chopped up a bunch of baked ham and used that as the top layer. I salted the spinach and eggs as I layered them, but not the ham as it was already salty enough for our taste.

After all that, I made a medium white sauce, adding about a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, some salt and freshly ground black pepper and about a cup or so of shredded Cheddar cheese. Poured that over the ingredients in the casserole, covered it with foil and baked it for about 45 minutes at 350F.

Don't know if that's what Kayelle had in mind, but we liked it.
Sounds YUMMY!! Thank you

Pizza here tonight, I added some extras to the Papa Murphy's take 'n bake. Made a nice green salad and will probably have a homemade Cerveza or two.

At my Granddaughter's Birthday Dinner I had a Salad and Birthday Cake. :BURP:

I'm so glad you liked the "Green Eggs and Ham" Katie, and your directions are spot on. It's been years since I made it so I really have to do it again.
MsM, it was on the thread about what to do with leftovers of ham, and it made me remember all the leftover hard boiled Easter eggs too.

Steve came home today with some really wonderful applewood smoked thick bacon, so I made my American style Spaghetti Carbonara. It was a hit. ;)

img_994680_0_b1261b8520fc622c278f8e2718875dd0.jpg

How'd you get your scallops nice and brown like that, Pac?

I use a hot SS skillet with equal parts EVOO & butter, just to cover the bottom, about 2 minutes one side and 1 minute the other. Nothing special.

We got takeout from a local BBQ place that I had been wanting to try (it was my pick for dinner). I got NC Pulled Pork sandwich, a BBQ Beef sandwich, and a 1/2 rack of Baby-back ribs with beans and macaroni salad as sides.

We then had an ice cream cake for dessert!

I'm so glad you liked the "Green Eggs and Ham" Katie, and your directions are spot on. It's been years since I made it so I really have to do it again.
MsM, it was on the thread about what to do with leftovers of ham, and it made me remember all the leftover hard boiled Easter eggs too.

Steve came home today with some really wonderful applewood smoked thick bacon, so I made my American style Spaghetti Carbonara. It was a hit. ;)

img_994910_0_b1261b8520fc622c278f8e2718875dd0.jpg
Thank you.

WOW that pasta looks fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom