Dinner Friday ~ April 5, 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
On this day in 1792, George Washington cast his first veto as president. I hope no one in your family vetoes your supper. ;)

I know Himself would vote for tonight's meal - it's a college favorite of his that he taught me when we got married. A simple tuna casserole made by combining canned tuna, instant rice, canned veggies, and cream of mushroom soup, it's a gourmand's nightmare. But with a chilly, damp, gloomy day weighing down on us, tonight is a good night for trailer park food.

What's passing for dinner at your place?

It is a fantastic day, as far a weather. Sunny and 78F right now. So, I'm going to be "grillin' and chllin" this evening. Tomorrow -- storms all day.

I am going to throw some flat-iron steak on the grill, along with some boudin. Steak and boudin sounds right for this kind of evening.

CD

If so we will be have omelets with choice of add-ins - asparagus, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, onion & bacon. I'll be having asparagus & grated Italian cheeses, bacon & tomatoes on the side.

Like Casey, I'll be grillin' here as well. I just fired up the Weber and I'll season a flap steak to throw on the grill. Will probably make a fajita this afternoon, since I've got red and green bells, onion, and flour tortillas.

We ate out of the freezer tonight. I had a bowl of soup and SO had a chicken dish. Not exciting but good.

Saturday here, rainy day. Prolly a porterhouse steak and beans, hasselback tatters. Wife's fave. With garlic sauce.
But that could change when wife gets home??? Saturday's her choice!!

Russ

Picked up another cookbook, yep need more, at Goodwill a few weeks ago. Real Stew by Clifford A. Wright. I flipped through it and was immediately in love.

So, tonight, we had Romanian Chicken Stew, which was more than awesome. I had some leftover French bread to sop up the juices and we had baked apples with walnuts for dessert.

The stew recipe is definitely a keeper.

Cajun stuffed enormous Red Argentine shrimp, 13-15 count. Remoulade to dip. Wild rice, mushroom, and roasted garlic risotto. And asparagus wrapped in provolone, pancetta, and a thinly pounded pork cutlet, baked over sliced tomatoes. And chocolate babka for dessert.

Cajun stuffed enormous Red Argentine shrimp, 13-15 count. Remoulade to dip. Wild rice, mushroom, and roasted garlic risotto. And asparagus wrapped in provolone, pancetta, and a thinly pounded pork cutlet, baked over sliced tomatoes. And chocolate babka for dessert.

Sounds great, Joel....like a special occasion dinner! :chef::yum:

It is a fantastic day, as far a weather. Sunny and 78F right now. So, I'm going to be "grillin' and chllin" this evening. Tomorrow -- storms all day.

I am going to throw some flat-iron steak on the grill, along with some boudin. Steak and boudin sounds right for this kind of evening.

CD

Perfect! I sat on the patio, smoked and grilled my steak and boudin. Let the rain, hail, lightning, thunder and tornadoes roll. I have a happy belly and feel a good night's sleep coming on.

CD

Attachments

• SteakBoudin001.jpg
    SteakBoudin001.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 124
Last Night's Pan Seared Scallops and Shrimps, a Mexican Rice, Sprouts & Radishes, and a Pasta Salad, carried in.......
It's the busiest I've ever ran into... they call it 'Minestrone Pasta Salad'...

Pasta Salad, Minestrone .jpg

Shrimp $ Scallops, Fried, Mex Rice .jpg

My stuffed shrimp came out so well last night, I just had to share the pic, even though it’s not plated very nicely.

5AF3F6B8-C2E8-4B77-9088-A928D31A6324.jpg

I didn’t have any crab or crawfish for the stuffing, so I used surimi, and was surprised by the results. Very acceptable and quite a bit less expensive (save your money for the shrimp!)

The remoulade has mayo, whole milk yogurt, ketchup, Louisiana hot sauce, minced dill pickle, minced shallot, minced stuffed green olive, grated garlic, salt and pepper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom