Dinner, Friday Aug. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Will be grilling steaks, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, salad and garlic bread. Later will be - ice cream sandwich dipped in crushed peanuts - :rolleyes:

I am defrosting a couple of stuffed buffalo burgers from Whole Foods. Not sure what our sides will be - it is so hot here today, maybe a caesar salad or black bean & rice salad.

TGIF!

We are meeting friends in the city to try out a new Tapas place. Can't wait.

While my 16 month old sat in her highchair eating, I made a homemade curry sauce using (curry paste. tomatoe paste, corrandier, soy sauce, coconut milk and other ingrediants). Later I'm thinking stir fry pork "which I'm defrosting" with thin slices of red pepper and sliced carrots on top of rice and the lovely curry sauce poured all over it. MAYBE a side salad.

At some point today or at the latest tomorrow morning, I need to make the company bean salad posted on this site and much raved about. I'm bringing it to a cookout tomorrow afternoon. I've been keeping it in the back of my mind.

My daughter appears to be over her sickness for the most part and I have a little extra energy today so I should probably do this today.

Amy, that sounds like a great hot weather menu!

After the week we've had, I'd like to say we're eating out--we're all beat!-- but since pay day is a week away yet, I'm making fried rice with the chicken and all of the veggies I have left over in the fridge. I'll make sure it's an extra-large batch so that I can have the cold leftovers for lunches!:)

legend_018 said:
At some point today or at the latest tomorrow morning, I need to make the company bean salad posted on this site and much raved about. I'm bringing it to a cookout tomorrow afternoon. I've been keeping it in the back of my mind.

You need to make it at least 24 hours in advance, legend. It's way better if the flavors have a chance to meld. It just gets better and better the longer it sits. One thing I did was to start small with the hot pepper flakes and see how it tasted. Putting the full amount in would've blows our shoes off. Just a heads up for that.

Too hot to cook here today. Supposed to be about 102 degrees, so I've made a cold pasta salad. We're having pasta antipasto salad, which is a mixture of cooked rotini, chopped green pepper, artichoke hearts, chopped red onion, sliced fresh mushrooms, pimiento-stuffed green olives, black olives, Kalamata olives, sliced pepperoni and sliced Genoa salami. The whole is marinated in an Italian-type dressing. It'll be served over baby spinach and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.

get so upset when I post and it vanishes.:censored: :furious:
oh well.
so tonight it's orange juice marinated macadamia nut encrusted baked Orange Roughy with riced potatoes w/ dulce creme bleu cheese floating through, brocco-flower chunks in evoo/butter/garlic/rosemary < baked/roasted, tomato slices with yard basil and Tuscan balsamic drizzler, strawberry shortcake cause frozen there are already made biscuits and the berry's are plentiful in the back yard and the snails know that:w00t: .

Now for a question. YT wants the recipe for the anchovey/garlic compound butter from Kades.
That made me think of a recipe for Roasted red pepper compound butter as served at a restaurant in Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands, Washington. When dining there, it's brought out as a invitational bite or welcome with their bread. I asked while there for the recipe. Nope. I sent a written request, nope. I tried to do it @ home, wet and runny, not the consistency of butter.
If you're a master of compound butters, could you try to walk me through it. I know the peppers contain much liquid, but how do you get that out so the butter stays butter consistency with the color and flavor of the roasted peppers and garlic? Oh, maybe sun dried roasted red peppers. HELP and TIA

Great TGIF to you all!​

LEFSElover said:
so tonight it's orange juice marinated macadamia nut encrusted baked Orange Roughy with riced potatoes w/ dulce creme bleu cheese floating through, brocco-flower chunks in evoo/butter/garlic/rosemary < baked/roasted, tomato slices with yard basil and Tuscan balsamic drizzler, strawberry shortcake cause frozen there are already made biscuits and the berry's are plentiful in the back yard and the snails know that:w00t: .​

Now for a question. YT wants the recipe for the anchovey/garlic compound butter from Kades.
That made me think of a recipe for Roasted red pepper compound butter as served at a restaurant in Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands, Washington. When dining there, it's brought out as a invitational bite or welcome with their bread. I asked while there for the recipe. Nope. I sent a written request, nope. I tried to do it @ home, wet and runny, not the consistency of butter.
If you're a master of compound butters, could you try to walk me through it. I know the peppers contain much liquid, but how do you get that out so the butter stays butter consistency with the color and flavor of the roasted peppers and garlic? Oh, maybe sun dried roasted red peppers. HELP and TIA​

Great TGIF to you all!​

Lefse, would luv your recipe. I won't speak for kadesma re the anchovy butter, but compound butters are the best. Try a bleu cheese compound over steak, and sun-dried tomato & basil is great on warm biscuits etc. I mix all the ingredients together, form into a roll, wrap in waxed paper & chill. Compound butters are great to have around to perk up veggies too. Here are a couple of ideas:

Butter Recipes Are Flavored Butter Recipes From Real Restaurant Recipes

PA Baker said:
Amy, that sounds like a great hot weather menu!

After the week we've had, I'd like to say we're eating out--we're all beat!-- but since pay day is a week away yet, I'm making fried rice with the chicken and all of the veggies I have left over in the fridge. I'll make sure it's an extra-large batch so that I can have the cold leftovers for lunches!:)

PA, it's been hotter than heck here. Yum, I love fried rice. I have a quick stovetop recipe for egg foo yong made with fried rice. If you're interested send up a flare. :)

I just ate half a can of Progresso lentil soup and a half bottle of Pellegrino for lunch. The other half ended up on my desk, in my lap, on my napkin, and just about everywhere else because the entire right side of my face is still numb from the novocaine the dentist shot me up with.

Supper will be a small Caesar salad and a couple of slices of DeGiorno pepperoni pizza, if my face thaws out by then.

Toasted tomato sandwiches tonight with fresh tomatoes from our garden. MMMMMMMMMMM! I may do some bacon to add to those, but they are one of natures most perfect foods even without. I might also steam some fresh yellow beans from the garden. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Bottled water and road food. We're heading for a quick trip to VA Beach in about an hour to see our new nephew and a couple of my sistahs.

The plan for tonight have changed... friends have just called and suggested we meet for dinner at a local haunt... Naturally we have to go, so the fish will have to wait until demain!
:angel:

G

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom