Dinner, Friday Aug. 31 !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
I've decided on grilling some marinated pork steak, portabella's/onions, baked potatoes, cole slaw and warm sour dough bread.

Last edited:
Breakfast was Ovaltine and supplements, and I brought a ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese sandwich with Miracle Whip on Baker's Inn 9 grain bread, and a 4 ounce container of potato salad with egg, for lunch. Friday is free-for-all day, but nothing strikes me as particularly desireable at the moment. I could have pizza, either delivery or DiGiorno, or a mushroom cheesesteak hoagie, or something from one of the many fast food places in my area, or I could just go home and crash, and by the time I wake up, every place worth eating at, will be closed, and I'll go to bed without supper. It's happened before, many times.

I have Garry's Chinese pork ribs in the crockpot and I'll make fried rice with lots of veggies when I get home. Add frozen egg rolls and we're good to go :)

btw, the recipe said to put half the sauce on the bottom of the pot, put the ribs in, and pour the rest of the sauce over them. I put a smaller amount on the bottom and drizzled some on each of 3 portions of the rack, so all the ribs have some sauce on them. Then I put it all in the fridge from 7 a.m. till noon when DH went home to turn on the crockpot, since the directions said to cook on low for 6-7 hours and I didn't want them to cook for 12. So they marinated for about 5 hours. Can't wait to try them out :)

OK guys, I want to take the time to thank everyone here at DC because tonight, I served 4 perfectly cooked steaks with a delicious wine/butter sauce, perfectly cooked sweet corn on the cob, and a lovely rice pilaf to my hungry family!!!!

Everything got done at the same time. The steaks were melt-in-your-mouth tender and juicy, so I must have gotten the cook/rest time right. I must have gotten the pan temp right, too. Actually, I think I got it all right tonight!!! I feel like I'm walking on a cloud! Woo Hoo!

Thanks again, ya'll. It must get irritating sometimes answering questions that sound like they came out of a high school home ec class, but I sure am grateful for all your help and all the posts over the years that I've been able to learn from. You're the best!

Terry

OK guys, I want to take the time to thank everyone here at DC because tonight, I served 4 perfectly cooked steaks with a delicious wine/butter sauce, perfectly cooked sweet corn on the cob, and a lovely rice pilaf to my hungry family!!!!

Everything got done at the same time. The steaks were melt-in-your-mouth tender and juicy, so I must have gotten the cook/rest time right. I must have gotten the pan temp right, too. Actually, I think I got it all right tonight!!! I feel like I'm walking on a cloud! Woo Hoo!

Thanks again, ya'll. It must get irritating sometimes answering questions that sound like they came out of a high school home ec class, but I sure am grateful for all your help and all the posts over the years that I've been able to learn from. You're the best!

Terry

Congrats! Your dinner sounds awesome! You, uh, saved me a plate right.....right????? :LOL:

Terry

Wow, Terry, your meal sounds wonderful. Isn't it fun to produce a fantastic meal? I just love it.

No, your questions aren't irritating. I've said to others, the only bad/irritating question is the one you DON'T ask. I've been at this cooking thing for many years and still have plenty of questions.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Our dinner is a take on panzanella. We're having a layered bread salad made with crumbled cornbread, chopped lettuce, chopped smoked turkey, shredded Swiss cheese, yellow bell peppers, tomatoes, red onion, celery, bacon bits, all covered with a Parmesan peppercorn dressing and topped with sliced green onions. Should be good. We're looking forward to it.

That sounds like a fun twist, Katie!

We had such a long week, with DH working late several nights that we decided to treat ourselves and go out for sandwiches. Sofie loved having our undivided attention (no dishes, no phone calls, etc!) and I loved having a break!

a cuke, basil, and tomato salad from the garden. then, salsicce con pepperoni alla griglia, with cippolini and fennel seed. also, spaghetti with turkey meat and rosemary sugo pomodoro.

Last night I pounded some boneless skinless chicken breasts thin & folded them each around several "coins" of fresh goat cheese & fresh basil leaves. Baked them in a 1/2 & 1/2 mixture of chicken broth & dry white wine. Served them with sides of Garlic Creamed Spinach & buttered Orzo pasta tossed with some White Truffle Oil.

Back
Top Bottom