"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 08-01-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
Executive Chef
Dinner will be whole wheat spaghetti with meat sauce (red sauce), and a garden salad.

amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #12
Master Chef
we went to a restaurant. i got a 1/3-pound burger & cheese fries.

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #13
Executive Chef
that guy I'm married to called earlier, I've been shopping, and said, "Honey, I'm bringing home gorgeous tuna steaks, can't wait for them tonight, is that okay?" like I was going to say no. so plans have changed with the omission of stuffed shells but all else will remain same. stuffed shells tomorrow night since sauce is done.

Originally Posted by miniman View Post
I did a variation on the lemon chicken recipe that has been up in the last few days. Subbed onion & celery for the garlic and added some mixed herbs. It was great.
Watched Gordon Elliott do a Follow that food show where the showcased food was lemon. He went to Rao's where I immediately thought of lemon chicken that they're so famous for. Someday, maybe someday, I'll get to eat there.

Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
just can't get into dinner tonight....mostly i don't care, am too hot and tired. Had a bad sign today, the first full day of canning and I'm thinking, is all this work worth it? I don't even like canned green beans, so that didn't help. I can them to use in beef vegetable soup and beef stews. Got 11 quarts canned today, was hoping for 7, one canner load. and I don't know when dh will be home..it's one of those jobs that he can't leave till its done, and there is no cell phone range there. the potato salad is looking pretty good..
then potato salad for dinner it is! hope your day looks up soon, I know, it's hard to think of anything when it's that hot. have a great night....
...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Taco night!!!
I'm sorry, I cannot resist a good hardshell taco.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
suziquzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #15
Head Chef
Scallion pancakes with soy dipping sauce and fresh..oh so fresh corn on the cob.
elaine l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #16
Head Chef
Spaghetti , salad and garlic bread
Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aug1-08.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	4805  
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:56 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
A friend of mine had an art opening tonight, so we went to the reception at the gallery, and then to a party at her house afterward. They're from Colorado, so there was shrimp and scallop ceviche, posole, guacamole and fresh salsa with chips and some chopped mango, all washed down with sangria. Everything was great - I love ceviche.
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
i had a marie callenders frozen dinner, sweet and sour chicken. couldn't eat very much of it. nothing tastes good with this cold. in fact the 7up i tried to drink with it, tasted very strange.

"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #20
Head Chef
I wasn't in the mood to cook, so I had a peanut butter sandwich with strawberry jam on whole wheat bread. Not the greatest dinner I ever had. LOL

merstar is offline   Reply With Quote