Dinner, Friday August 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Tonight will be grilled boneless chickenbreasts with sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and fresh stings beans from the garden. Leftover birthday cake for dessert

I thinkI might pick a mix of different herbs from the garden to use in a marinade the chicken, the sage and thyme look like they could use a good trimming. ;)

And what is everyone else planning?

gonna make a pork fried rice, with home grown pork and a bunch of veggies from the garden; hot banana pepper and green bell pepper, onions, garlic, celery, carrots, parsley, kale and maybe a collard leaf:)

and fresh sweet corn

Stir fry with bok choy, peppers, onion, yellow squash, mushrooms and chicken.
Over basmati rice. Not sure of the flavoring of the sauce yet....

Grilled corn on the cob and some country style ribs. I'm thinking of just onion and garlic flavoring, no BBQ sauce, but you never know. Also a cuke and onion salad, or maybe some other stuff, too. You never know ;)

I have a sirloin roast in the fridge I am supposed to cook, haven't decided how yet. It is boneless and I got it from the butcher, it is the same cut he uses to make sirloin steaks from. I was thinking a pan sear and then finishing in the oven, just putting garlic, salt, and pepper on it. I have some Shiraz but not sure how to incorporate that into it. Probably should have marinated it?

Steak n Shake is sounding pretty good right now, LOL.

It's hubbys' birthday today and he's requested pot roast, potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. So that is what is in the crockpot. Also some dinner rolls to sop up the gravy.
I also made him an apple pie as he prefers that to cake.

Barb

Ok Maverick you are absolutely mad for saying Steak-n-Shake sounds good when you have a RIBEYE on hand!!!:wacko::wacko: Never let me hear you say such blasphemy again!!!

Ok Maverick you are absolutely mad for saying Steak-n-Shake sounds good when you have a RIBEYE on hand!!!:wacko::wacko: Never let me hear you say such blasphemy again!!!

I was thinking he was going to cut the roast into steaks and make a milkshake to go along with them. What's wrong with that?:LOL::LOL::LOL:

chick-fil-a tonite. grilledchix sammich, fruit & caffeine-free diet coke.

I was thinking he was going to cut the roast into steaks and make a milkshake to go along with them. What's wrong with that?:LOL::LOL::LOL:

That's not a bad idea.. but too late. I was just feeling lethargic but I got my act together and started it. Sprinkled a nice Montreal Steak rub on it then pan seared in EVOO and garlic. Now it is finishing in the oven. Going to do some roasted potatoes and some broccoli and cheese, salad to start with.
I have no idea if it will turn out good, hope so.

Had a big basket of tomatoes from the garden, as well as basil,onions,and several red peppers, sooo a nice marinara is simmering with porcini mushrooms added to get rid of them, will put this over some penne, have a nice green salad with more of those tomatoes and garlic parmesan bread and that is it for today..Made some brownies this morning and that is dessert.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom