Dinner Friday Dec.12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beth, I got tired of frying meatballs - I started baking them and never looked back! :)

DH picked up some frozen snow crab clusters on sale yesterday, so we'll steam those and make green salads. Not sure what else - maybe baked potatoes.

Beth, I got tired of frying meatballs - I started baking them and never looked back! :)

DH picked up some frozen snow crab clusters on sale yesterday, so we'll steam those and make green salads. Not sure what else - maybe baked potatoes.

I microwave them. Once you put them in sauce you can't tell they were not dry heat browned.

we went out to Cheddar's for a late lunch.

we had half club sandwich/soup/salad combos. Their soups (tortilla soup and baked potato soup) were both awesome and the croissants were amazing! So.... no supper tonight since we are stuffed.

The wife made some concoction from the Fanny Farmer Cookbook, she forgets what it is called. It has ground beef, ground sausage, olives, raisins, and green peppers in it.

Whole wheat fettuccine with sauteed garlic, roasted red peppers, herbs, and spices. Served with Parmigiano Reggiano. Side dish: roasted cauliflower.

last night was japanese.

green salads with avocado and locally made ginger dressing, a sashimi combination box (hijiki, gyoza, tempura, sashimi, rice), and a sushi special deluxe (2 maguro, 2 ebi, 1 hamachi, 2 tai, 2 unagi, 2 sake, 1 saba, and 1 maguro maki).

deep fried and seasoned snap peas for a snack, later.

Beth, I got tired of frying meatballs - I started baking them and never looked back! :).

gg, i just made 55 meatbals, from about 8 pounds of beef, veal, and pork, and fried every one. i was tempted to do the baking thing, but i guess old habits are hard to break.

how do you bake yours? on an oiled cookie sheet? any paper or aluminum involved? at what temp, and for how long?

i might be tempted for a future go at it.

I made meatballs for the first time the other night, as I'm sure some of you remember :rolleyes: . The recipe called for broiling them, but I don't use my broiler, so I turned the oven up to 500F and stuck them in there for 20-30 minutes. I rolled them once. I had them on a sheet of foil that was on a cookie sheet and they stuck just a little. Nothing that broke them apart or anything. I'm sure a little cooking spray next time will remedy that. I checked the temp on a couple and it was 155-160, so I took them out and dropped a few in the sauce I was heating up to finish up.
I had never heard of frying them until this thread. I imagine I'll continue to bake them.

gg, i just made 55 meatbals, from about 8 pounds of beef, veal, and pork, and fried every one. i was tempted to do the baking thing, but i guess old habits are hard to break.

how do you bake yours? on an oiled cookie sheet? any paper or aluminum involved? at what temp, and for how long?

i might be tempted for a future go at it.

Whew, that's a lot of work, BT. I preheat the oven to 400*F, put the meatballs on a sheet pan lined with foil and bake for about 20 minutes (I guess it's really roasting at that temp). They come out browned and beautiful and I can do other things in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom