Dinner Friday, Feb. 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Not cooking tonight, (I think and hope) "Take Out " !
How about you? (Iam hungry for Chinese)

Change of plans- Chinese tomorrow night--tonight Iam grilling bacon swiss burgers and left over mac n cheese ! Still good !!

Last edited:
Made a lasagna earlier this week. Tonight is a reheat (I always save out some extra sauce) with salad. As with so many dishes, the second night means well marinated flavors.

sushi and sashimi.

i've convinced dw that we're terrible catholics, so we need to have fish on fridays. so it'll be sushi/sashimi every friday until easter.

wait, is eastern orthodox easter later than ours? if so, than that's what i am.
sushi under the onion dome...:)

OH MY GOSH! I love the rationale for sushi on fridays buckytom! Geez, now I'm jonesing for sushi!

Dinner here tonight is going to be chicken cacciatore at Ken's request. I'm going to make the garlickyest caesar salad in the world to kill whatever germs are lurking in my throat and in my families bodies. Just a little warning to anyone who might drop by tonight...we're going to stink!

DH just called to tell me his sick, sick, sick! That translates to he has a sore throat and stuffy nose.:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: I'm pulling some spicy turkey tortilla soup out of the fridge for him. This is the perfect excuse to make something DH doesn't like for Sofie and me I think it'll be polenta pie.

I'm supposed to go out tonight with a group of gals.

It's snowing. Hard. :mad:

I hope I still get to go, we've had this planned for 2 months. The weather says it's only raining in town so there's hope for me yet. We're going to a new Irish pub, I hope they have good food.

I'm trying kadesma's prok chops in onion sauce. DH will love it fer shure since he LOVES onions. Probable add some creamy ranch rice and some veggie.

buckytom said:
sushi and sashimi.

i've convinced dw that we're terrible catholics, so we need to have fish on fridays. so it'll be sushi/sashimi every friday until easter.

wait, is eastern orthodox easter later than ours? if so, than that's what i am.
sushi under the onion dome...:)

Sorry Bucky... Greek Easter is the same as ours this year. April 8th. :)

I'm making manicotti stuffed with spinach and ricotta in a roasted tomato sauce. I also made a grapefruit and orange gelatin last night, and I've got half a cucumber in the fridge - cucumber salad maybe?

I'm in a purple mood today Amber.;) ........actually, I'm always in a purple mood, love:winkiss: that color

...why is it with all these good meals that I have to go out to eat...alone?:wacko:

In Houston for my school tomorrow, early. Today in this hotel, I'll study, more more more. But tonight for dinneau, I'll be hittin Good Eats for their wonderful Caesar Salad, and maybe I'll slurge and add a baker to that too:ohmy:. Just finished making two pots of hot tea, that I'll add ice to so I can indulge on it all day and into the night, it's going to be a late night as study must continue until I have it down Pat.:huh:

Enjoy your meals everyone and stay warm, happy weekend!

cheesy chicken & rice, baked, is what I decided to make for tonight. Simple and easy 'cause the chicken's been cooked already and frozen.

I made my first Indian dish tonight! Lentils, potatos, peas and lots of spice served over couscous. Comfort food with a kick! YUM!

I just got home from work and DH is picking up a pizza. I'm getting ready to bust out a nice red wine to go with.....so glad this work week is over!

I didn't cook last night either. Just picked up some Cajun Shrimp Cakes & some Spicy Steamed Jumbo Shrimp from the seafood counter, which the store cooked up for me. I just microwaved the cakes & chilled the spicy shrimp, which I served with a bowl of homemade cocktail sauce.

Back
Top Bottom