Dinner Friday July 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(could easily become a Latin tortilla soup, hmmm)
we'll see

and it did. Hunting in that fridge I found some open chipotle in adobo and some chorizo as well as an ear of corn. Well, the chicken from the grill was a bit smokey so this was a natural, and I added any leftover veg from the fridge or freezer. (some sweede, fresh peas, new potatoes, corn, and the usual sofrito.

It was tasty, and a couple bowls leftover for the fridge for a lunch or dinner.

Go for it :D Anyone who never had homefries on a bun, like me, all I can say is the potatoes added something very special, both in texture and taste. I'll make it again.

DH was umpiring a baseball game this evening, and it went into extra innings. So when he got home, we went to a local bar and had their Ultimate Nachos with chicken. A huge platter of good stuff :)

lol, gg. do you kick dirt at him when you're angry? do you argue nose to nose? :)

i made grilled sweet and sour marinated chicken thighs, grilled onions and peppers from the garden, nuked spuds, and a huge mesculun salad with carrots and cukes, all from the garden as well.

now i'm back to work, so i picked up a sweet sausage, hot vinegar peppers, and onion parm hero, extra sauce on the way in.
for that 4am craving.

Thanks Jeekinz.
I don't know if I'll ever make a sausage sandwich without potatoes again :chef: Can't wait to try it with some hot dogs.

There is one of those old time sandwich shops somewhere out in the midwest that always puts the fries ON the sandwich. Guess I saw it on FoodTV years ago. Anyway, you got precedent, and yes it is GOOD!

I just made one for the girl that works for me and she loved it :) She wanted spicy mustard instead (strange girl doesn't eat catsup :LOL:), but said the potatoes made the sandwich. Thanks be for precedents. Amazing how more foods aren't more widespread when they aren't all that far apart on the map. I remember eating chicken and steak salads in smalltown, OH (which both included french fries in the salad) just a couple hours away from here, a year or two before they hit my area.
Thanks be for the internet, too :cool:

Our night out for mexican food was just so so. I hate going to a mexican resturaunt to get bland salsa. Then when you ask for hotter salsa, they bring out something that is not much hotter.

lol, gg. do you kick dirt at him when you're angry? do you argue nose to nose? :)

i made grilled sweet and sour marinated chicken thighs, grilled onions and peppers from the garden, nuked spuds, and a huge mesculun salad with carrots and cukes, all from the garden as well.

now i'm back to work, so i picked up a sweet sausage, hot vinegar peppers, and onion parm hero, extra sauce on the way in.
for that 4am craving.

Sounds good. Would you either post or pm the recipe please?

french fries & salad/sammiches. yum. staple food in ptittsburgh.
i'm dining onm a bagel with creamcheese & fruit /yogurt.

Sounds good. Would you either post or pm the recipe please?

i wish that i could call it my recipe, but it's just store bought sweet and sour sauce/marinade, specifically world harbors brand . this one:

sweet_sour.jpg

you get your frustrations out by jabbing the heck out of skinless chicken thighs, or legs or breasts, then place the chicken parts in a ziplock bag with several tbsps. of the sauce, and let it marinade for a coupla hours in the fridge.
simply grill the chicken over low to medium heat basting a few times with more sauce. be careful not to use too hot of a flame or put it too close to the coals as it burns easily.

if you have no grill, just do the same under your broiler. :chef:

i wish that i could call it my recipe, but it's just store bought sweet and sour sauce/marinade, specifically world harbors brand . this one:

sweet_sour.jpg

you get your frustrations out by jabbing the heck out of skinless chicken thighs, or legs or breasts, then place the chicken parts in a ziplock bag with several tbsps. of the sauce, and let it marinade for a coupla hours in the fridge.
simply grill the chicken over low to medium heat basting a few times with more sauce. be careful not to use too hot of a flame or put it too close to the coals as it burns easily.

if you have no grill, just do the same under your broiler. :chef:
I will look for it. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom