Dinner Friday July 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Crockpot chicken ( cream of aspargas soup, cream of tomato soup, salt, medley ground pepper, onion powder, sweet red pepper flakes ) baked potatoes, steamed broccoli , NYT bread ( basil, sweet red pepper, onion powder in it ) Dessert is dark chocolate cake mix cookies ( added dried sweet cherries and Expresso syrup) Made the cookies last night so will have them for dessert. ;)

Well, I have chicken out that I didn't make yesterday....
But DH has been obsessed all week with smoking a hunk of meat on the grill... so he stopped at the store on the way home (at 5 am mind you!) to get a boston butt!
I may grill the chicken and put it away, and he can smoke away.
Or, we'll forget both and go mooch dinner at his mom's, its gonna be 100 and humid today and our a/c is out!

I gave up pretending its summer and ade DH a vaguley morrocan inspired lamb stew. Now the sun is peeking through and it ill be wildly inappropriate.

I also made him a chocolte meringue. he loves meringe so he'll be happy :)

Bow-tie pasta salad with chopped tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, asparagus, cucumber, feta cheese, and black olives in a vinegrette dressing. We also have a few leftover chicken strips to re-heat.

Dh is playing cards tonight, ds is working and my two grandsons are coming over. I'm thinking grilled tuna steaks. I know oldes gs will eat it but it will probably be hot dogs for the youngest. He won't try anything new. lol I'll probably make coleslaw and grill some asparagus also.

Barb

We decided to have dinner BuckyTom style....
make all of it!!!!
:)

i'll decide on dinner during a bubble bath, that'll give me a few to figure dinner out- either yesterday's fresh tomato sauce with pasta (dinner yesterday was s'possed to be that, instead was cheese-garlic fries cause we went to see pirates-yankees instead) or grilled cheese & tomatosoup.

Going out tonight... trying a new place called Casa Rita's. Maybe it will be awesome!

JGdean, that sounds great. Nothing special here, just pork chops and green bean casserole.

leftover grilled chicken and fresh veg from the farm across the road plus some broth and a bit of pasta and I have an Italian chicken soup

looking forward to making it and eating it.

(could easily become a Latin tortilla soup, hmmm)

we'll see

It was a tossup; Tacos, loose meat sandwiches, or Johnsonville Italian sausages on the grill. The sausages won out by being thawed all the way :) I'll probably put them on a roll with something.

Suzi, that's what I was going to suggest. Cook them both :chef:

Tortellonis tossed with sauteed tomatoes, greek olives, roasted red pepper basil and shrimp.

gonna just nosh instead of crepes. popcorn, have watermelon and cantaloupe. the cantaloupe were 97 cents each in "fresh and easy" also got strawberries, and bananas.

weather is weird , heavy, :wacko:oppressive , maybe a thurnder storm. makes me want to hunker down and watch tv.

babe:wacko:

Shew... it was a close call.
Trusting the local store enough to buy rolls there, I drove into town. They were completely out of sub rolls! :mad: Can you believe that?! 500 different kinds of kaiser, hard and dinner rolls, and no sub rolls:rolleyes: I can only imagine it's because the cherry festival is going on in town and one of the sausage vendors didn't plan well..... I stopped at a pizza shop on the way back home and was able to buy some long sub rolls. They'll do. I have a knife :)

So a little thread hunting and my sausage sandwiches are going to turn into an Italian hot dog like the one Jeekinz posted a while back, but with sausage instead. Ya got your meat, potato, veggies..... all on a bun..... that'll do :cool:

Back
Top Bottom