Dinner Friday July 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
seafood yet to be purchased (whitefish, though) & a few veggies as a topper; zucchini, minced onion, tomato concasse, then chix or veggie stock seasoned using basil chiffonade/oregano/sage/salt/pepper. let that cook together on a slow simmer in a splash of olive oil, a sprinkle of sugar, & adjust my seasoning thereafter. bread for sopping my mish-mosh. shellfish is sounding yummy, now, too, though. hmmmm, i'll inquire if mister fishmonger is nearby.

Breakfast was - Steamed fresh asparagus sautéed in butter. Eggs scrambled with milk, sea salt, ground peppercorn blend, fresh grated parmesan and romano chesses added and cooked till set. Hot vinegar pepper rings on the side.

img_911317_0_1056d2b90aea3b950acbb1d148c50a21.jpg

Trying my hand at eggplant parmesan. Hope it turns out!

Hmmm one of my favorites!!!! With some pasta on the side. And the leftovers make a great sandwich in a big crusty role!

Oh... I'm going to grill those chicken thighs that I didn't get done last night.

pork sandwich from the ribs i cooked yesterday. put some in my salt free bbq sauce in it so it can soak up the flavor. and of course left over pasta salad. for dessert slice strawberries in heavy cream.

I have some chicken thighs marinating in lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, a little hot chili oil and some grated ginger. I'll put them on the barbeque soon. I'm making Dragon Lady's sesame noodles for a side, and a cucumber/onion salad too.
I wonder when we are going to sick of those noodles? I've made them four or five times in the last couple of weeks.

Nothing exciting for dinner tonight . . . the boys are out at friend's, so we'll have a little of this and that from the fridge . . . "the week in review" as mom used to call it.

Dinner - Chicken/pasta Salad with Peanut-Ginger Dressing, sliced tomato w/fresh basil, sea salt and ground pepper.
img_911445_0_c5c94daa0d1c225e64ffb55c8dd03f4e.jpg

I have some chicken thighs marinating in lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, a little hot chili oil and some grated ginger. I'll put them on the barbeque soon. I'm making Dragon Lady's sesame noodles for a side, and a cucumber/onion salad too.
I wonder when we are going to sick of those noodles? I've made them four or five times in the last couple of weeks.

Just had to come back for a report.......WOW what a dinner!! Everything paired up just perfectly. Love when all flavors just are meant for each other. Sure lucked out tonite!! I gotta remember this menu for more than just the two of us. Woo Hoo.......and we have leftovers!!

Back
Top Bottom