Dinner - Friday June 15, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
What is everyone having for dinner tonight? TGIF

I'm going to bake some haddock in a mixture of white wine and mango salsa. It's a great combination.

It's going to be served with the left over rice and peas from last night. I'll just have to heat it up.

The jasmine rice was mixed with dry ranch dressing mix, cream cheese and butter and the peas were fried with shallots, perchuitto and garlic.

Last edited:
Just having leftover chop suey and rice, now mixed together. Love it !
Also made a spice cake w/apple pie filling desert. Smells so good !

Last edited:
Lamb steaks, broc, cauli, peas and carrots, new potatoes and a tonne of Gravy and mint sauce:)

I woke up famished this morning so I packed a HUGE lunch. Two slices of pizza, chicken cacciatore over whole wheat penne rigati, hot buttered carrot slices, hot buttered whole kernel corn, and a banana. I have since eaten the pizza and washed it down with a San Pellegrino, and will be enjoying a 2007 Reserve Diet Pepsi with the cacciatore and vegetables in another hour or so.

Although it's Friday, my "eat anything you want" day, I doubt if I'll be hungry for supper, so I'll most likely throw a salad together, or some cheese, fruit, and crackers to nibble on while I watch a rerun of Bones.

not sure yet. going to costco on the way home, so i may pick something up to make. if it's too late, i'll make a quick sausage and peppers using italian turkey sausage that's currently in the fridge.

hmm, there's also thin sliced chicken breasts, and some potatoes, green peppers, and sweet onions. getting ideas.

maybe, in evoo, or better yet, bacon fat, i'll brown the sausage, and flour and brown the chicken. add potatoes, onions, and peppers. deglaze with a little chicken stock, add herbs, cover, and let it finish.

Once again, I'm not cooking tonight - I'm going to a going-away dinner party at a very nice Italian restaurant, which will be in the wine room. Can't wait to see what that's like.

had my final exam today so I have to celebrate right? I'm thinking that I may attempt veggie sushi tonight.
Never made it but saw someone making it on tv and it seemed to be pretty simple. (they made it look that way anyway), and I've got all the ingredients (even the bamboo mat).
other then that I have no idea.:chef:

buckytom said:
not sure yet. going to costco on the way home, so i may pick something up to make. if it's too late, i'll make a quick sausage and peppers using italian turkey sausage that's currently in the fridge.

Or, seeing you're at Costco anyway, you could pick up a pizza or a couple of 1/4 pound Hebrew Nationals from their outsdie kiosk.

i've bought the pre-made (but still need to be baked) pizzas at costco, cooked it on a pizza stone, and was thoroughly unimpressed. there's so many good pizza places near my home, it's sort of a waste of time, unless you're into perfecting pizza-making.

Once again it's just me and the Angel puppy.I've been baking cookies all day for this weekend and really don't feel like cooking- especially for just me.I'll probably snack during the Subway Series 1st game. Enjoy whatever you're having !!!:) Love and energy, Vicki

I do not feel like cooking tonight. I feel like going somewhere with a patio and having a huge chocolate martini and some appetizers. I will have to wait patiently until Mr. Toots gets home and then spring this idea on him.......

we hve a kid free night ....
we are going to go somewhere that doesnt have a playground
attached ..:LOL:
and that serves alcohol ...

Poor dear husband isn't home yet - obviously caught in the usual glut of Friday night Northern Virginia traffic. But I have his favorite "Turkey Tacos" ready to go, & a bag of early "Father's Day" gifts from the furred & feathered gang/kids on his favorite sofa.

We had chicken parm and penne. I grilled the chicken though--the house was finally cool inside and I just didn't feel like turning on the oven and heating it up!:LOL:

The CostCo pizzas are pretty good - especially if you add your own toppings at home. Sometimes we'll pick up a plain cheese one & then add our own turkey pepperoni, fresh sauteed mushrooms, veggies, whatever. Makes a good quick, but relatively fresh, meal.

Back
Top Bottom