Dinner, FRIDAY June 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
I am making grilled split chicken, (basted with butter minced garlic and hot sauce), salad and garlic bread. Ice cream sandwich for dessert.

Last edited:
Veggie tacos (red onion, tomatoes, green & red bell peppers and mushrooms), with a side of mash. For dessert, a shop bought chocolate mousse

Last edited:
YT2095 said:
Extra large Pita breads stuffed with BBQ`d Chicken and salad.
YT, sounds like gyros to me. I wish today was anyday except Friday!!:)

For dinner tonight, will be making Chinese mixed veggie stew of dried lily flower, black fungus, cabbage and glass noodle, egg and onion omelette, with plain rice.

I`m not sure what Gyros is, but the chicken`s marinading now and I`ll skewer them up in the next hour or so, and do the salad at the last minute :)

edit: hang on sec I did a search, it is This? Chicken Gyros Recipe

Last edited:
YT, Gryos is a sandwich consisting of meat roasted on a vertical rotisserie and sliced off thinly as it roasts, cut further into small pieces, and served with tomato, onions, tzatziki, etc. all wrapped (in cigar-like fashion) in pita bread.

We are having hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill. Homemade side of cole slaw and grilled potatoes most likely in a tin foil wrap with olive oil, salt and pepper.

I'm making grilled turkey burgers with a spicy Thai peanut sauce and broccoli slaw on buns, oven-roasted sweet potato fries and broccoli with red pepper flakes and garlic. Grilled banana bread topped with a dollop of vanilla ice cream for dessert.

some kind of grilled chicken ..
some red potatos on the grill ..
maybe some green beens with bacon in them ..

We had a taco salad using some of our little tomatoes from the garden. They are pear shaped and so sweet, I could eat them like grapes or cherries.

licia said:
We had a taco salad using some of our little tomatoes from the garden. They are pear shaped and so sweet, I could eat them like grapes or cherries.

I agree, i can sit and eat a pint of them watching TV. !! Love-em' w/salt ! My treat :angel:

I had a wood-fire grilled Caesar salad, potato gnocchi, broccoli/tomatoes, and duck, wood-fire grilled on the rare side - I was a happy camper = oh, and some Pink Fiddle wine, a lovely dry rosé.

And no, I didn't cook :chef:

I ended up firing up the good old charcoal grill & making my favorite turkey burgers, served on grill-toasted rolls & topped with thin slices of extra-sharp New York cheddar & (for me only) nice slices of fresh raw Vidalia onion.

Back
Top Bottom