Dinner - Friday, June 29!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
I am leaning towards hot dogs and mac n cheese.

Update - Not cooking, ordering out - Iam getting fish- n-chips w/cole slaw, and roll.

Last edited:
well, if the weather cooperates, i'm finally gonna grill tonight.
hot italian sausage, shrimp skewers dusted in prudhommes' "fish magic", fajita marinated boneless chicken thighs, red peppers, and pineapple.

For lunch I have a tuna salad (tuna, mayonaise, diced tomato and diced bell pepper), potato chips, grapes, a banana, and a brownie.

Seeing it's Friday, my "eat anything you want" day, I'm thinking pizza tonight. Now I have to decide if I want Ameci (great Sicilian pizza), Rusty's (conviently located 1 block away from my house), Papa John's (they have a $5.00 take-away special), Costco (kind of out of my way, but they do give you a lot of pizza for your money), or frozen self-rising from a grocery store (cheap, convenient, and it actually tastes better than most delivery pizza).

Grilled drunken NY strip steak. (bourbon, soy, ginger, sugar, sesame oil, garlic marinade)

Side: either sauteed green beans or asparagus.

If the ingredients are gotten I would love to make grilled zucchini and bell pepper fatoush (sp?) from the bon appetite magazine.
perhaps a potatoe salad or corn on the cob to go with it.
If no ingredients are gotten then I'll get back to you.

I’m thinking grilled chuckeye steaks, baked potatoes, and english peas. Maybe even corn on the cob.....you can’t ever have too many veggies.

We are ordering chinese. DH is picing it up now.

crab ragoon
peking ravioli
white rice
lobster sauce
general gau chicken

My brother from california taught me to open the peking ravioli "fried" and pour a little ginger sauce and hot oil on it. You have to ask for the hot oil, as it's not something that usually comes with it. It's pretty yummy that way.

Caine said:
For lunch I have a tuna salad (tuna, mayonaise, diced tomato and diced bell pepper), potato chips, grapes, a banana, and a brownie.

Seeing it's Friday, my "eat anything you want" day, I'm thinking pizza tonight. Now I have to decide if I want Ameci (great Sicilian pizza), Rusty's (conviently located 1 block away from my house), Papa John's (they have a $5.00 take-away special), Costco (kind of out of my way, but they do give you a lot of pizza for your money), or frozen self-rising from a grocery store (cheap, convenient, and it actually tastes better than most delivery pizza).

I'd go w Ameci's. They have The Best Pizza (imo). (Their eggplant parm sammich is good too.) There's one right around the corner from me. Very tempted. It was so hot today, I had 1/2 a Quizno's tuna sub on a whole wheat bun. Maybe, the other 1/2 tonight with fruit salad and lemonade? Too hot to cook.

Last edited:
Tonight everyone basically got their own thing, an omlette was made but I didn't have any, we also boiled some corn up but I didn't have any that either. I had a fried egg sandwich. simple yet tasty!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom