Dinner, Friday March 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicken Panang curry, noodles sauted in a pumpkin peanut sauce. Last one is DW's idea, I am just going with the flow...

..........could get the guy to take me out but honestly, it's my first opportunity to cook dinner here at home. made meals @ DD's house and DS#1 and DS#2's house too, but does that really count? I needed a supermarket fix and just got back from Trader Joe's for a few things, also visited The WalMarchy/Tarjay/Vons. Got all the stuff needed for Easter finally and other stuff too.

...............asked the man what he wants for dinner and he mentioned Stroganoff with buttered noodles and crookneck squash sauteed in buttered with salt and pepper and that's just what he's getting.

I ended up working till almost 7 p.m., so we went out to a seafood place. I had some excellent scallops and calamari with tomato-feta salad :) DH had a half-dozen raw oysters (I can't stand them) and fish-n-chips.

found myself in Philly so I drove to the Italian Market on 9th, (for those who don't know it, several blocks long, both open air and small shops, restaurants etc.) Went cheese shopping...diBruno Bros. Came out with bags of cheeses, salamis, prosciutto and spec, salt cod, olives artichoke hearts...you name it, and some crusty bread. Gonna be a cold plate meal except maybe a little pasta with garlic and oil to cut up the artichoke hearts on. It's late but what a day and this will be so memorable. Opening the pinot...ciao

my grandson and his wife were here for his b'day dinner. make his favorate chicken cass.(lot of cheese and brocc. with roasted chicken cut up in it.

jasmine rice and corn,,garlic bread.

dessert was the warm lemon pudding cake i found on d.c.

babe:chef::chef:

Mum was over for Good Friday, she brought a smoked salmon, asparagus and broccoli quiche for lunch, and I was doing dinner. I decided to use AllenOK's crabmeat potatoes as inspiration but as Mum isn't big on sauces or gravies, I didn't add any mornay sauce. I cooked two potatoes in their jackets, cut in quarters and put in little oval dishes, topped with crabmeat (budget only extended to canned but it was fine) and grated Tasty cheese and in the oven until cheese was melted. Topped with paprika and sliced spring onions and served with sour cream and a mix of diced tomatoes and red onion in a bit of oil and pepper. Very tasty!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom