Dinner Friday, March 27, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
my early dinner was corned beef with potato latkes. i just realized i ordered meat on a friday during Lent. oh, my.....:ohmy:

your dinner....

grilled pork chops, skillet browned zucchini onions and tomatoes, wild rice with mushrooms.

Tonight cooked brown rice with added onion, garlic, dried tomatoes, dried peppers and mushrooms.
Chili and chocolate cookie for desert.

yum, guys! skillet zucchini, chili & chocolate cookie , my i miss chocolate, & katie, i love great northerns!

Sirloin steaks, baked potatoes, Caesar salad and mushrooms for me, onions for Dad.

I bought a whole sirloin tip today and am cutting it into roasts, steaks, stew and sir-fry!

I made a cheesy chicken mexican spaghetti bake. It is a WW recipe and it turned out really good. Also served steamed veggies on the side.

Lemon Pepper Salmon with Greek-style roasted potatoes and steamed green beans.

I'm trying a new rice recipe tonight, it's in the oven. It's a sausage rice using long grain rice, a dried soup mix, onion, celery, Jimmy Dean's regular sausage, soy sauce and water. I decided to use beef broth for most of the liquid, since I had to use some up that was in the fridge. I also thought it would add a richer taste. We'll see what happens.

On the side.. salad, corn and garlic bread.

We were watching the Sweet 16 with guests so for appetizers we had smoked tuna dip with baguette & wings that were smoked then quickly fried. They were definitely a do-again. For dinner, we had spanikopita, Moroccan carrots & roasted beets with tarragon & balsamic. The food was great but both our teams (SU & Arizona) lost...bummer.

Bought a whole haddock. Head & spine went in a pot with some celery, onion, garlic, thyme, cheap pinot gris, water, salt, and peppercorns. Simmered, and then strained an hour later for a couple quarts of fish stock.

Rendered some pork fat and lightly caramelized some minced yellow onion. Added some flour for a quick blonde roux and whisked in the stock.

Added cubed potatoes and cooked until they just started breaking apart. Cut the haddock filets into chunks and mixed them into the pot with a few tablespoons of heavy cream. Brought it back to a bubble and then off the heat. Chowda!

Mini Snickers bar for dessert followed by more Pinot Gris... :angel:

I'm trying a new rice recipe tonight, it's in the oven. It's a sausage rice using long grain rice, a dried soup mix, onion, celery, Jimmy Dean's regular sausage, soy sauce and water. I decided to use beef broth for most of the liquid, since I had to use some up that was in the fridge. I also thought it would add a richer taste. We'll see what happens.

On the side.. salad, corn and garlic bread.

Here was dinner. It was delicious, but was hard to photograph.

img_806919_0_a6820298751281895eb16f8551f2768d.jpg

img_806919_1_f6cc4d800742a97371fd99962baa56fd.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom