Dinner, Friday Nov. 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving ! Can't wait for leftovers today! Ham, dressing, candied yams, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries, coleslaw, rolls,- pumpkin and pecan pie. Turkey is slim pickins - small one only 4.5 lbs.:(

Ditto what Barb said, except for the turkey..I had to cook a 20lber so we have a lot of turkey here..Wish I could share it with anyone who would like some..
kadesma;)

Kads, I wish I could take some turkey off your hands. Mine was really disappointing this year. What was supposed to be a "fresh young turkey" seemed more like a tough old bird. You win some and you loose some, I guess.:rolleyes: I'm hoping it'll make good soup or casserole.

Lunch today will be picking at all of the side dishes we have left over, which did turn out very well. Dinner will be something on the lighter side, most likely grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and soup.

Dessert will be leftover apple pie and pumpkin ice cream pie.:):)

Lou and I are going down to South Street Seaport tonight to watch them light a tree and other assorted christmas festivities. My family will be heading back to Jacksonville, FL tonight, about 11pm... When we get back from seeing the tree we'll all enjoy the 12 tons of leftovers from yesterday and then pack them up for the ride home.

Our turkey was just over 13 pounds so, yeah, we have leftovers. Tonight will be reduced version of last night. That's become tradition in our house. This time, we'll make it to the pumpkin pie. Unless...we attack it at lunchtime. Well, we could do both. The problem with that is......

Made the best darned turkey ever yesterday (Honeysuckle white), and have plenty left over. Since I served it with all the traditional sides, the fun part now, is to make (if I have time), the recipes/sides I like. Pumpkin and/or apple pie with whipped cream for dessert.

Leftovers as well here, my first trukey was a hit, all the in laws loved it so there wasn't as much left as I thought there would be. Hubbys grandmother said it was the best white meat from a turkey she's ever had!!! Yay!!!

A proper vodka martini with two spanish olives. (working on my second now)

Eventually I'll eat my last bowl of split pea soup.

PB&J for the kids, leftover stuffing for DH & I, if anything.

Barb- my Dad made me a mince pie and sent me home with half..... still craving some? :)

PB&J for the kids, leftover stuffing for DH & I, if anything.

Barb- my Dad made me a mince pie and sent me home with half..... still craving some? :)

I am so glad you got yours - Its been quite a few years since I had any - :(! It is part of the Holidays - enjoy !!

We had barbecued beef short-ribs, mashed potatoes, and corn. For dessert we had Moravian Sugar Cake that kitchenelf sent home with us. Yum!

:)Barbara

Kads, I wish I could take some turkey off your hands. Mine was really disappointing this year. What was supposed to be a "fresh young turkey" seemed more like a tough old bird. You win some and you loose some, I guess.:rolleyes: I'm hoping it'll make good soup or casserole.

Lunch today will be picking at all of the side dishes we have left over, which did turn out very well. Dinner will be something on the lighter side, most likely grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and soup.

Dessert will be leftover apple pie and pumpkin ice cream pie.:):)
Pa, we all have had an old worn out bird at one time or another..You just never know..Since I like the dark meat I usually win as it never gets as dry and tough as the white..Wish I could give you some of ours it was really good..I'd be glad to trade ya for some of that apple pie:LOL:
kades

We had Thanksgiving at a friend's house, so no leftovers. Had a great holiday, but I think I'll make a small turkey dinner for us one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom