"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2006, 12:08 PM   #11
Head Chef

Alix, we have often eaten supper in England before you have opened your fridge to think about it. I sometimes take suggestions from these threads for the NEXT night, lol. Usually though, I can give you an idea of what we will be eating a week ahead.....plan, plan, plan. Although, sometimes the best laid plans of mice and men.....we break the menu!

I had the weirdest cravings today. For lunch I ate an entire small can of tuna and added sliced cornichons to it, nothing else, no bread no crackers, nothing. Just the fish and pickles...... then I had some of the chestnut chocolate cake I made at tea time and I'm having consomme for supper. I started unpacking the boxes of food from our other house today and I have 14 cans of consomme......I often turn it into cheats onion soup and addd soften onions and cheese or serve it with kosher crunchy croutons, the ones made for chicken soup, or, like tonight, have it plain with a glug of sherry in it.

Old 11-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #12
Executive Chef

soup and bread. We may get record cold temperatures tonight. The herbed dinner rolls are in the oven, I cooked a chuck roast in the pressure cooker this am and have a bunch of potatoes in the oven with the rolls. I will put the soup together later today; chopped baked potatoes, onions garlic celery green peppers bay s&p&cayenne, canned green beans corn tomato juice, with the minced chuck roast.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:46 PM   #13
Master Chef

I dug out some left over shredded pork I had in the freezer and am turning it into enchiladas. I'm about to go make a pan of apple crisp for dessert.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:50 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
Take out tonight :)
Old 11-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #15
Executive Chef

We're not having any dinner around here tonight.

I'm serving cocktails 'upstairs' , with a plate of apples, cheddar and pumpernickle rounds. If we're hungry around midnight or so, I may make shrimp and goat cheese omelets.

I'm having a VeraBluetini, I think Lou is having bourbon.

I'm about to head out of here to get the brioche dough ready for breakfast.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Your meals always sound so delicious Verablue.

As for us, I'm not cooking! Take out tonight, probably mexican.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Most fridays we go out with friends. Tonight we are going to a close to home family run fish place we all love. Last time there I had fried oysters, they were heavenly, so I'm trying to decide on lemon calamari strips or the oysters again..This place is walk in, pick a spot, sit, the minute your bottom hits the chair, the waitress is there with a large tin camping plate of steaming hot french fries and a basket of hush puppies that have cheese and sliced green onions in them, plus their great coleslaw. You order, they continue to bring fries,puppies and slaw as you wish. Your order arrives with a cup of beans, rice, your fish of choice, a slice of home made bread with butter, tartare sauce, lemons, malt vinegar and creole seasonings for you to choose from. You are never rushed, no matter how busy they are, then when you've pushed away your tin plate they arrive for those who come in by 6p.m. a good size bowl with vanilla ice cream and your choice of either blackberry cobbler or peach cobbler and mugs of hot coffe. We always leave to smiling waitresses who treat you like your family..Your happy, so full you'd bounce if you fell and looking forward to next time

kadesma
Old 11-03-2006, 09:23 PM   #18
Master Chef

After work I went over to visit my parents and run some errands in the town they live in. But I fooled around too long in town and got home late. So, I had chili dogs for dinner. What I had planned for dinner was Lemon Artichoke Chicken served with asparagus and a rice medley. At least I know what I will be having for tomorrow's dinner.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #19
Head Chef

I had tentative plans for something to do with some frozen trout, but I was blind-sided--in a good way. I own my own business(es), and I am not used to getting tips. I can count on one hand the number of tips I've gotten in the last ten years. Anyway, a regular customer came in tonight with a rack of ribs from a new local Portugese bbq place, said "thank you very much for all you've done," and left. He even included some of his own bbq sauce! They were excellent, and complemented well by the leftover rice/onions/peas in the refrigerator. It made my day.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:15 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L
Freezin' Michigan- and I already saved you a place ! Just fly by and stop in !
oh shugers.........
I had to go to the deep south instead of the freezing north!
but next time, I'll let you know early