Dinner Friday November 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We went to a corporate dinner at the local country club, had sea bass and baked potato.

I was going to make hamburger soup tonight but Steve came home from the grocery with some beautiful shrimp that was on sale. Since I make it a rule to cook seafood the day it's purchased, I made

Shrimp with Bacon and Cheese Grits
(I'd be happy to post the recipe if anyone is interested)

Attachments

• PB090520.jpg
    PB090520.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 161
  • PB090524.jpg
    PB090524.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 185
That sounds really good Greg...looking forward to the photos :)

Unfortunately I ate the photo shoot. By the time I started thinking about the photography the dinner was in my tummy. The other hobbies are inedible. Both recipes (the stuffed pork chops and the double baked stuffed potatoes) are food for thought and I may post recipes in the near future.

They're easy and good. Just google "twice bake potatoes." The pork chop recipe is easy. If I don't buy 'em from Green Acres (nice meat market in Simi Valley CA) I just split my chops and stuff 'em with one of the supermarket stuffings, and then cover them with Campbell's golden mushroom soup before baking. The twice baked potatoes need only 20-25 minutes because they got already baked once.

I wish I hadn't ate the photo shoot but I spent all afternoon shooting stuff for eBay, then ran to Simi for supplies for another hobby (which is why I was out there and routed myself to Green Acres) and by the time I got back it was too late to shoot more of my eBay stuff, so I cooked dinner.

It's really cool that my photography career neighbor loaned me high intensity photo shoot lights for a few days. I can post the shots before I ate dinner, but as I said I ate the shoot! :)

Last edited:
I was going to make hamburger soup tonight but Steve came home from the grocery with some beautiful shrimp that was on sale. Since I make it a rule to cook seafood the day it's purchased, I made

Shrimp with Bacon and Cheese Grits
(I'd be happy to post the recipe if anyone is interested)

That looks fabulous Kayelle :)

Unfortunately I ate the photo shoot. By the time I started thinking about the photography the dinner was in my tummy. The other hobbies are inedible. Both recipes (the stuffed pork chops and the double baked stuffed potatoes) are food for thought and I may post recipes in the near future.

They're easy and good. Just google "twice bake potatoes." The pork chop recipe is easy. If I don't buy 'em from Green Acres (nice meat market in Simi Valley CA) I just split my chops and stuff 'em with one of the supermarket stuffings, and then cover them with Campbell's golden mushroom soup before baking. The twice baked potatoes need only 20-25 minutes because they got already baked once.

I wish I hadn't ate the photo shoot but I spent all afternoon shooting stuff for eBay, then ran to Simi for supplies for another hobby (which is why I was out there and routed myself to Green Acres) and by the time I got back it was too late to shoot more of my eBay stuff, so I cooked dinner.

It's really cool that my photography career neighbor loaned me high intensity photo shoot lights for a few days. I can post the shots before I ate dinner, but as I said I ate the shoot! :)

LOL...no worries Greg, it must have been pretty tasty!

Thanks for the how to's ;)

It's just that I was really hungry, after a late morning early afternoon photo shoot and then a run out to Simi Valley (15 mi. W of here) for hobby supplies, and then back about dinner time. I really wanted to continue the photo shoot but I was hungry after all that work. I'm shooting stuff I want to sell on eBay...

So now the lights are still up (but off) and my camera is charging, and I guess I'm charging too, my laptop on my lap top and considering lights out (a very good idea--and probably a good time for me to GTB earlier than usual--9 pm here, and a good day for me to not be on DC late). GN!

1 1/4# (42) bay scallops coated with cracker crumbs and deep fried at 350*F for 1.5 minutes with tartar sauce made from Hellmann's mayo (90%), Crosse & Blackwell remoulade (10%), finely diced sweet pickles, thyme, capers, and chives.

Grilled NY strips, baked sweet taters, carmalized onions, sauted mushies and grilled Texas toast.:yum:

Your welcome DL :)

It is so nice to head out to dinner every now and then :)

Isn't that the truth? Sometimes while I'm cooking I say to myself: "Now who in the world would do this for me?"
And since I found all of you, I have my answer :)

We rarely go out, live too far from stuff...:neutral: fortunately I enjoy cooking.

Chef, it is great that you enjoy cooking, me too...pity there is not much around where you are...how far away is the closest restaurant?

Back
Top Bottom