"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-03-2008, 05:42 AM   #1
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Dinner Friday October 3, 2008

I am on the train headed for work. I just read the rest of yesterday's thread and it got me thinking.

It's rather cool in New Jersey today. Woulden't a nice hot bowl of chili, topped with shredded cheese and some nice NYT on the side be just Marvey?

To borrow someone elses expression two beast chilli, some sweet sausage and ground beef. Yup! I think that is where I'm headed.

AC

Old 10-03-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
Master Chef

Site Moderator

We are having stacked turkey sandwiches made from the leftover turkey tenderloin: take thick-sliced bread (lighlty toasted) and spread with cranberry sauce. Layer sliced turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and then cover with gravy. Buttered corn on the side. Great comfort food for and October evening.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Yesterday I took out some slices of pork to thaw, my father brought me some a couple weeks ago from a roast he had made. The trouble was, no gravy at the time, but that is corrected now, so I'll be having open faced pork sandwiches with some leftover gravy I made the other night. Maybe mashed potatoes, too.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
Head Chef

I am off tonight. So this is the night I cook something that doesn't reheat well. I just don't know what yet. Reading for suggestions. Maybe Fried Chicken, Country Fried Steak.........
Old 10-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We'll be eating yesterday's soup while watch the newest show on Sci-fi.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Fried chicken is really sounding tasty to me, I think I'm going to try some with corn meal this time. I usually just do a seasoned flour but I have so much corn meal flour mixture might as well.....are there any tips out there when using corn meal with frying chicken? Or is it basically the same as flour?

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
Everymom

Deelady, corn FLOUR or corn MEAL? Corn meal doesn't behave like flour. You will need to use some flour with your cornmeal in your coating.

We're doing spaghetti as its a dine n dash night. I'm doing a Capture the Flag event for the youth group at the church tonight. What was I thinking????
Old 10-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #8
Master Chef

Sloppy Joe's, again. I made the mistake of asking my husband what he wanted for dinner and he's in love with my sloppy joe's. I guess I should take it as a compliment. This is like the 3rd. or 4th. time in the past 4 weeks.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #9
Executive Chef

I believe its the corn flour because it has the baking powder and everything already mixed in.

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #10
Everymom

If it looks like flour you are OK, if it looks yellow and granular, thats cornmeal. Sounds like you have cornflour. That should be fine for breading.