Dinner Friday October 3, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adillo303

Head Chef
I am on the train headed for work. I just read the rest of yesterday's thread and it got me thinking.

It's rather cool in New Jersey today. Woulden't a nice hot bowl of chili, topped with shredded cheese and some nice NYT on the side be just Marvey?

To borrow someone elses expression two beast chilli, some sweet sausage and ground beef. Yup! I think that is where I'm headed.

AC

We are having stacked turkey sandwiches made from the leftover turkey tenderloin: take thick-sliced bread (lighlty toasted) and spread with cranberry sauce. Layer sliced turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and then cover with gravy. Buttered corn on the side. Great comfort food for and October evening.

Yesterday I took out some slices of pork to thaw, my father brought me some a couple weeks ago from a roast he had made. The trouble was, no gravy at the time, but that is corrected now, so I'll be having open faced pork sandwiches with some leftover gravy I made the other night. Maybe mashed potatoes, too.

I am off tonight. So this is the night I cook something that doesn't reheat well. I just don't know what yet. Reading for suggestions. Maybe Fried Chicken, Country Fried Steak.........

We'll be eating yesterday's soup while watch the newest show on Sci-fi.

Fried chicken is really sounding tasty to me, I think I'm going to try some with corn meal this time. I usually just do a seasoned flour but I have so much corn meal flour mixture might as well.....are there any tips out there when using corn meal with frying chicken? Or is it basically the same as flour?

Deelady, corn FLOUR or corn MEAL? Corn meal doesn't behave like flour. You will need to use some flour with your cornmeal in your coating.

We're doing spaghetti as its a dine n dash night. I'm doing a Capture the Flag event for the youth group at the church tonight. What was I thinking????

Sloppy Joe's, again. I made the mistake of asking my husband what he wanted for dinner and he's in love with my sloppy joe's. I guess I should take it as a compliment. This is like the 3rd. or 4th. time in the past 4 weeks.

If it looks like flour you are OK, if it looks yellow and granular, thats cornmeal. Sounds like you have cornflour. That should be fine for breading.

I recommend a seafood breading like House of Autry for chicken breading.
I like it on pounded chicken breasts!

As for dinner... Leftover Two Beast Meatloaf SANDWICHES!
(Which is why I make meatloaf, LOL... Cheddar cheese, onion, horseradish...)

We'll be eating yesterday's soup while watch the newest show on Sci-fi.

Well, I plan on doing the second part of your plan, but I don't have the first part.

Hmm... rainy and cool does sound like soup weather! Might just have to do that.

DH is planning on buffalo chili this weekend, and if he makes it too hot for my tummy to handle I can always fall back on the soup for me.

Me likey this plan!

Thanks pdswife - sounds like a good plan for tonight!

LL

Mine looks like flour and I'm pretty sure it said, instant corn meal mix, so my guess is it will behave like flour.

No ideas here,
Guess I'll let my GF decide. Maybe chinese takeout though if I can talk here in to it.

leftovers, and a meal to be reckoned with:mrgreen:

the corn chowder almost had too much hot banana peppers, and the onions and garlic in the tomato bread salad could curl your tongue:-p

scored several fresh bartlett pears while picking apples down at the rental house, so sliced pear for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom