"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Dinner, Friday Sept. 14

Not cooking !!!! Going to a fish fry with some fellow campers at a local bar. Can't wait ! So what are you cooking ?

Old 09-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Don't know yet, and won't till much later. I'm going to crew with from friends in a sailboat race tonight; sometimes we go out for dinner afterward, sometimes not. If not, I'll have leftover tortellini and a salad. But I'm bringing tzatziki and pita chips for a snack during the race.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:24 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Buck's on his own tonight. Well, not really. We have quite a few single meals in the freezer he can eat. I'm leaving after lunch to go to my youngest brother's place about an hour away. He's single and is having weekend one of a two-weekend yard sale tomorrow and I'm going to help, which means lots of laughing and probably some amount of cold beer.

He's been gathering stuff for about a year, some of which came from cleaning out someone's rented storage facility, and the sale will take two weekends to get rid of. Should be lots of fun.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

what fish are they frying, barbel? is it a locally caught thingy? those are the best, like a good ol' mississippi catfish fry. or a delaware shad fry.

i had to get cat and bird food, then had to refill the propane, then food shopping, then finally ended up grilling last night. so i still have sweet italian sausage, chicken legs, and loads of peppers, tomatoes, giant zucchini, eggplants, cucumbers, and fresh basil, parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme.

i may try to make sugo today, to use in grilled eggplant lasagna tomorrow. then, i'm thinking of some kind of chicken legs, sausages, potatoes, onions and peppers in a wine braise. hopefully.
i always have great plans for dinner, but only get about half of them accomplished. my life is no longer my own.

still, ya gotta keep trying. "keep your nose in the wind, and eye on the skyline" my dad likes to say.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #5
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i may try to make sugo today, to use in grilled eggplant lasagna tomorrow.
What is sugo?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #6
Cook

Pizza delivery for ds and me. Dh is having gum surgery today so I don't know if he is going to want to eat. I feel bad for him, it sounds positively dreadful.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

mercy, i was referring to sugo di pomodoro, or tomato sauce. the word sugo also means juice in italian, but i meant the sauce.

sorry, i was being lazy.

i have 4 full grocery shopping bags of tomatoes that i took in from the garden yesterday. about half of them are split from the recent rain (i knew i shoulda picked them earlier ), so before they get all buggy, i'll skin and chop 'em, then cook the water out a little, add some basil and put them up in the freezer. i'd prefer to water bath can them, but i have no free time for such fun stuff.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:07 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Send a message via MSN to Emily
Gnocchi with tomato pesto.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
Head Chef

Too early to decide. There are several food-related events going on this weekend.

A lobster fest in one of the coastal cities (not the red lobster).

Oktoberfest - Oom pah pah.

County Fair - food on a stick and deep fried coke were 'featured' on the news. (Might give the latter a pass.)

After all the recent heat waves, my energy is zapped, & I'm ready to be 'served'. Have a great weekend.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #10
Head Chef

Going out for sashimi tonight