Dinner, Friday Sept. 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't know yet, and won't till much later. I'm going to crew with from friends in a sailboat race tonight; sometimes we go out for dinner afterward, sometimes not. If not, I'll have leftover tortellini and a salad. But I'm bringing tzatziki and pita chips for a snack during the race.

Buck's on his own tonight. Well, not really. We have quite a few single meals in the freezer he can eat. I'm leaving after lunch to go to my youngest brother's place about an hour away. He's single and is having weekend one of a two-weekend yard sale tomorrow and I'm going to help, which means lots of laughing and probably some amount of cold beer.

He's been gathering stuff for about a year, some of which came from cleaning out someone's rented storage facility, and the sale will take two weekends to get rid of. Should be lots of fun.

what fish are they frying, barbel? is it a locally caught thingy? those are the best, like a good ol' mississippi catfish fry. or a delaware shad fry.

i had to get cat and bird food, then had to refill the propane, then food shopping, then finally ended up grilling last night. so i still have sweet italian sausage, chicken legs, and loads of peppers, tomatoes, giant zucchini, eggplants, cucumbers, and fresh basil, parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme.

i may try to make sugo today, to use in grilled eggplant lasagna tomorrow. then, i'm thinking of some kind of chicken legs, sausages, potatoes, onions and peppers in a wine braise. hopefully.
i always have great plans for dinner, but only get about half of them accomplished. my life is no longer my own.

still, ya gotta keep trying. "keep your nose in the wind, and eye on the skyline" my dad likes to say. ;)

Pizza delivery for ds and me. Dh is having gum surgery today so I don't know if he is going to want to eat. I feel bad for him, it sounds positively dreadful.

mercy, i was referring to sugo di pomodoro, or tomato sauce. the word sugo also means juice in italian, but i meant the sauce.

sorry, i was being lazy. :chef:

i have 4 full grocery shopping bags of tomatoes that i took in from the garden yesterday. about half of them are split from the recent rain (i knew i shoulda picked them earlier :glare:), so before they get all buggy, i'll skin and chop 'em, then cook the water out a little, add some basil and put them up in the freezer. i'd prefer to water bath can them, but i have no free time for such fun stuff.

Last edited:
Too early to decide. There are several food-related events going on this weekend.

A lobster fest in one of the coastal cities (not the red lobster).

Oktoberfest - Oom pah pah.

County Fair - food on a stick and deep fried coke were 'featured' on the news. (Might give the latter a pass.)

After all the recent heat waves, my energy is zapped, & I'm ready to be 'served'. Have a great weekend. :)

Last edited:
Well, breakfast was the same as always, midmorning snack was the last of the coconut banana bread, lunch will be pork chop, homestyle beans and spinach & eggs. I also have an Asian pear, a banana and some grapes to hold me over throughout the day. Supper should be pizza, but I probably won't be hungry and I'll end up not wanting to eat until everything has closed, so if I still want pizza, it will have to be DiGiorno. I was thinking fish and chips from the seafood restaurant across the street that used to be the beach hot dog stand, but I have battered cod and french fries in the freezer and I own a deep fryer, so I can't seem to justify paying 12 bucks for 3 pieces of fish and some steak fries.

Barb L. said:
Not cooking !!!! Going to a fish fry with some fellow campers at a local bar

You are driving me crazy Miss Barb!!:LOL: I always want what you are having!
It's a conspiracy!! Now, do I fry fish, and drink boubon or grill the steak, and drink bourbon....???? Oh My!

KFC.

Oh the SHAME!!! :blush:

Haha - that is my husband's guilty pleasure too.

I am on my own tonight, so I am making tuna casserole. I LUV it but hubby hates it so I feast on it when he is out of town.

I picked up a pint of cookies & cream ice cream at Graeters for a treat later too.

We were going to have salmon but DH got home late and we were all so tired from the last couple of sleepless nights:wacko: that we just got a large pizza and ate way too much of it!

Husband brought home some Copper River salmon last night, so I dotted it with butter, chopped fresh dill, & lemon juice & baked it. Served it with fresh broccoli & topped both salmon & broccoli with some Hollandaise (Knorr's Hollaindaise Sauce mix spruced up with extra fresh lemon juice & a dash of cayenne pepper).

Back
Top Bottom