Dinner, Friday Sept. 16th, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i'm surprised there's no dinner thread yet. or i may have just missed it. :wacko:

anywho, i just made a version of emeril's summery tomato and cuke salad, and i'm broiling rubbed chicken wings to make some garlic, some buffalo style.

watcha eatin' this friday the 16th?

Maybe everyone has been like we've been...up to their eyeballs in inside/outside work. Dh and I have both got a lot done today so we are having ham and cheese sandwiches and apple pie for our dinner. Not much cleanup either.

i know what you mean, licia. i spent the afternoon cleaning the downstairs kitchen, made dinner, and now we're off to a scout meeting. have more work to do in the basement when we get home, then i'm off to work by 11p.

but oh man, my wings came out great! the were rubbed with lots of black pepper, sea salt, and then dusted with garlic powder. under the broiled in the middle slot for 10 minutes on each side, then another 3 minutes a side in the top slot of the broiler to crisp the skin.
then into a bath of 60/40 frank's hot sauce and melted butter. very tasty, but not too hot so the family can eat them too. mine got an extra dusting of cayenne.

Bourbon of Wild Turkey.....
Grilled Eye of Rib.......
Salad of Lettuces....
Potato of Idaho.........
French Bread of Leidenheimer.......
Ice Cream of Blue Bell........

chopper said:
Pizza made by Papa Murphys!!!

Love Papa Murphy's! Thin crust De-Lite! Hmmm, that may be lunch tomorrow.

Another longggggg meeting day. Blech. Will finish up the mushroom soup, maybe with pastrami sammies.

Just looked at their coupon sheet, 3 pounds of lasagna for $9.

Last edited:
Chili (ground beef, onion, green bell pepper, dried New Mexico Anaheim pepper, my AP seasoning blend, chili powder, cumin, hot Hungarian paprika, McCormick Chili seasoning, crushed tomatoes and kidney beans) served over brown rice and topped with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions.

img_1049601_0_27a389eb1bce4d42d91b512cb9cca20d.jpg

Dinner tonight was chicken wings and a veggie full tossed salad.

'Went to Olive Garden for my sons 38th Birthday. I just don't get the attraction to that place. I rank the food right up there with to McDonald's!!

PattY1 said:
'Went to Olive Garden for my sons 38th Birthday. I just don't get the attraction to that place. I rank the food right up there with to McDonald's!!

My favorite soup and salad place.

Soup, salad, and breadsticks! We don't have one here, so it's a treat when we go to one out of town.

I loved OG's crisp salads and breadsticks. Every restaurant needs an attraction and I'd have to say that is theirs.

Back
Top Bottom