Dinner Friday, Sept.29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corazon90 said:
Looks like they have a place in Vancouver too. Next trip up, maybe. Though it's $8 more in Vancouver than in Edmonton. :ohmy:

Everything is more expensive in Vancouver than in Edmonton! LOL, although the trip here to SAVE $8 might be a bit costly for you Cora!:cool:

Wow Alix, I can't wait to hear about that chocolate buffet. Wish there were one closer to here. On 2nd thought maybe not. But sure would love to try it once.

I love Korean food so the steak and kimchee sound delicious too.

I see several people having soup -- potato is one of my faves. It's cooler here too so may have to make some soon but tonight it's a Quick Cooking Recipe -- Chicken noodle stir fry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swedish meatballs and salad. Never heard of moving the dishwasher. I think I'd try to use paper and foil everything, so I could just throw it out. Sorry that sound awful. On the other hand, the chocolate sounds great.

Going OUT YiPPEEEEEEE, chicken Milanesa wuth rice and beans, guacamole and green sauce..Kids just left and it's friday...

kadesma:LOL:

We are waiting for our delivery of Italian food. Chicken Marsala, Rigatoni alla vodka and a house salad

Last edited:
We're having leftovers tonight, but they're my favorite leftovers -- roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet corn, green beans from the garden, watermelon, and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. I can't wait! Then, we're curling up on the coach and watching a movie. Sounds good to me. BTW, our leftovers aren't usually so good! :LOL:

Last night - for whatever reason - I was feeling ambitious, so made a big tray of turkey sausage lasagne, which we'll get several lunches & another dinner out of during the week.

OK, update on the chocolate buffet. At first glance it doesn't look all that big. (And sadly no fountain) There is a chef stationed there to make you crepes and a couple of tables covered in various chocolate confections.

I had some chocolate pecan tart, yummy. Some chocolate mousse tart with raspberry stuff, excellent. There was chocolate pizza, sort of a cake thing with strawberries and other stuff on top of it. Very nice. The chocolate dipped strawberries were beautiful and tasted wonderful too. There was a chocolate fondue thing, but the chocolate was melted with margarine not butter and had an oil slick on top. That was a bit off putting but once you dug into the warm chocolate underneath it was all tasty. (Semi sweet and very nice) The chocolate mousse was INCREDIBLE, but it was topped with whipped cream (not a big fan) so I had to scrape that off to get to the good stuff. But it was worth it. The crepe was really wonderful, there was shaved white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Toasted almonds, coconut, both regular and toasted, strawberry sauce, orange sauce, black currant liqueur, pecans, walnuts and I think thats it. Once you had your crepe you could fill and top it with anything you liked. We were so full when we left, and I think we will be working off those calories for the next few weeks! Totally worth it though. I'd give it a 3 out of 5 stars.

Back
Top Bottom