Dinner Friday, Sept.29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Made a big pot of chicken noodle soup yesterday, so we will be having that. Sooo good - Not sure on dessert, making molasses cookies today. Happy Friday to all ! :)

Last night we just had a wee bit of the baked potato soup I made, because we needed to finish up some leftovers. So tonight it will be potato soup. I want to make some croutons, but I find I eat so many of them while I make them, I mean, homemade bread cubes sauteed in butter and garlic, can't keep my fingers out of them. Will bake a squash too. I am surprised how early my butternuts have ripened this year, this is the 5th squash I have cooked.

Sea bass with a light Chinese-style sauce baked in the oven and green beans, lots of green beans.

I'm cold, so tonight will be baked potato soup with sliced sirloin as a garnish.

mmmm, croutons. I may buy some puff pastry and make them...or else grilled cheese sandwiches.

Its Friday!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness. We'll probably go out to dinner tonight.....thats what we usually do on Friday's. Not sure where yet.

ummmmmmmmmmmmm:ermm: tonight I'm bringing home sushi because we're having folks for dinner both Saturday and Sunday at Chez Julia, and I've got to get started on the prep! :chef:

Tilapia fajitas tonight. I needed something quick because after dinner DH is watching Sofie and I'm finally, finally, finally getting my hair cut!!!:) It

I was going to cook steak soup, but since I will be preparing for this party tomorrow I think I will order in sushi.

I'm just making something light (chicken caesar salad maybe?) because Ken is taking me out to an all you can eat Chocolate buffet tonight. Oh the humanity! I'll make sure I share all the details tomorrow so all you chocoholics can live vicariously through me.

Let's see. Looks like dinner tonight is:

STUFFED PORK CHOPS

Includes: Mashed Potatoes,​

Gravy, Vegetable, Salad,
Bread/Butter • Coffee, Tea
and Milk Available​

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2006​

COUNCIL LOUNGE​

4-8 p.m.
• 50-50 Drawing 9 p.m.​

Adults: $6.00

I don't think we'll be staying for the drawing though... :-p

John​

:) I'm not sure what we'll be having. I'll figure it out later. I think we might have http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/tnt-lemon-pistachio-chicken-over-spinach-salad-27288.html but we'll have romaine instead of spinach. dh has been patiently waiting for an apple pie that I haven't had the time to make. I think I'll make him an apple crisp, that way he at least has something.
PA Baker said:
Tilapia fajitas tonight. I needed something quick because after dinner DH is watching Sofie and I'm finally, finally, finally getting my hair cut!!!:)
Enjoy your peace tonight! Especially after such a hectic cookie making few days, you really deserve it. I need to get my hair cut too. It's getting way too long, it's the longest it's ever been. I haven't cut my hair since right after I had Aidan. They did such a dorky butchering, I think I've been scared of getting it cut again. :LOL:
Alix said:
I'm just making something light (chicken caesar salad maybe?) because Ken is taking me out to an all you can eat Chocolate buffet tonight. Oh the humanity! I'll make sure I share all the details tomorrow so all you chocoholics can live vicariously through me.
Yes! We need the details! I've never heard of a chocolate buffet before. It'd be fun to host one. Have fun tonight Alix!

Happy cooking everyone!

Last edited:
Alix said:

Will there be a chocolate fountain?

Hamburgers with all the fixings or
Domino's pizza.

Which ever Paul decides he rather have.

He decided on burgers so... swiss onion bacon burgers on toasted buns it shall be.

Last edited:
Since my kitchen sink is out of order [take the dishwasher into the bathroom to run it :mad: ] I think I'll do something simple like a home canned tuna salad. Were supposed to have the drain pipes replaced Wednesday...obviously haven't. Have you ever tried to get your dishwasher into your bathroom and hook it up to the sink? Not an easy task.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom