Dinner, Friday September 12, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Wow! We are getting a very late start today.

I'm making a veggie stir-fry and rice.

So what is everyone else making or what did you make?

bone in pork shoulder with a honey & mustard rub/potatos shallots and onions slow cooked in CI Dutch Oven w Honey Brown beer
baked apples
rice pudding w/ grand mariner soaked rasins

its a rainy day and I am a bit stressed so I needed the distractions!

Pork chops , seared then simmered in cream of mushroom soup. Basil , cheddar mashed potatoes and cut green beans.

alix what do you have around you?

nothing for dinner tongiht as usual, im working....

i did have a ham calzone for lunch. anyone want the other half? lol

I made home-made pizza. Waiting for it to cool off. Toppings are fresh garden tomatoes, fried eggplant, and fresh baby spinach and plenty of mozzarella.

Crab legs, brocolli, mussels, beer.....
I mean; beer, mussels, brocolli, crab legs ;)

Oh, and fiasco bread.

I'm sure it has a proper name but I'm not sure what it is...

I'm going to saute onions, garlic, carrots and celery
add a can of diced tomatoes,
add some worstershire sauce and spices,
cook it all up and pour it over pasta.

T

It's a Dark and Stormy night here, so, naturally, we're drinking Dark and Stormy cocktails with Gossling rum and ginger beer.

I've got mushrooms stuffed with pepperoni, spinach and fresh mozzarella.
Mini meatballs made with beef, chopped almonds, raisins and pesto. I have a tomato pesto aioli for dipping.
Crostini with diced mango and goat cheese, topped with caramelized shallots.
Sharp provolone with honey and toasted filberts.
Black grapes.

My daughter made chocolate cupcakes with a creamcheese coconut frosting for friends at her job. Dolly that she is, she left 4 of them at home. You gotta love that girl:heart:

We are going out to celebrate our 15 year anniversary. Actually, our anniversary was yesterday, but I had to much work going on to take off. So we celebrate tonight!

pancanis, i 'm changing my dinner, crab & mussels fer us, too. scrap my lentil soup, 'tis a seafood nite.

We are going out to celebrate our 15 year anniversary. Actually, our anniversary was yesterday, but I had to much work going on to take off. So we celebrate tonight!
Happy Anniversary, Sattie! 15 years is a serious accomplishment. I hope your dinner is lovely and the next 15 years are even lovelier!

We're having make-your-own taco night.

Definitely! Happy Anniversary!

Dinner is served ;)

Attachments

• 9-12 seafood.jpg
    9-12 seafood.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 220
Broiled salmon with a ginger/orange/lemon/soy sauce/sesame oil glaze. Couscous and steamed broccoli on the side. Homemade Devil's food cake with dark chocolate ganache for a late dessert.

I popped a couple of cube steaks on my George Foreman, sprinkled them with some Field and Stream steak seasoning, sliced some fresh tomatoes, placed all that on buns with a little mustard. A side of good cottage cheese.

Simple but very tasty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom