Dinner, Friday September 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I was going to go out but decide I am just to tired so it's pasta (that I didn't cook last night) for the man and some steamed spinach for me (with lots of vinegar)

lol, got a hankerin' for creamed corn, huh UB?

Nothing here yet. Same thing as yesterday, got involved with an outdoor project, ate a huge, late lunch, not hungry yet.
I'll be poppin' some crusty bread in the oven soon, though. It's that half I froze last Sunday. I thawed it, worked it over according to that vid Joe V posted and am going to see what happens.

Well, DH is running late and fighting a cold. He also doesn't want me cooking as I had physio today so it is canned ravioli and toast!

I am going camping this weekend. Instead of having to cook tomorrow in the campsight I made a big pot of Chili... obviously I had to "taste" it tonight to make sure it was OK.

Man.... I love my chili.....

Sirloin Steak cut into cubes, fresh hot peppers--mixed, diced onions(same amount of peppers and onions after dicing), get the meat started then add the peppers/onion. Liberally sprinkly with chili powder --fry down until almost dry, de-glaze with some scotch. In a pot, Chili beans...I LIKE beans in my chili, diced tomatoes... fresh and WONDERFUL!!!!

Add meat mix to the beans, tomatoes. Add tomato juice to the consistency you want, taste, add spices as needed. With fresh ingredients, the amounts always vary.

Add some juice from the jar of banana peppers(the vinegar edge is needed for a bit of an acid), toss a few of the banana peppers in too..a little Worcestershire sauce, sea salt to taste. YUMMY!!!!!

We both got home late, so we made Paninni style sammiches in the Geo Foreman grill, using NYT bread sprayed with evoo. Very delicious. Had 1/2 a cantelope (could not stop pnce I got going). Boston Brown Nread w/butter for dessert.

Jo

We both got home late, so we made Paninni style sammiches in the Geo Foreman grill, using NYT bread sprayed with evoo. Very delicious. Had 1/2 a cantelope (could not stop pnce I got going). Boston Brown Nread w/butter for dessert.

Jo

You ever try hard sauce on the brown bread...:chef:
Blackwell and Cross has a nice one, very tasty.

I am going camping this weekend. Instead of having to cook tomorrow in the campsight I made a big pot of Chili... obviously I had to "taste" it tonight to make sure it was OK.

Man.... I love my chili.....

Sirloin Steak cut into cubes, fresh hot peppers--mixed, diced onions(same amount of peppers and onions after dicing), get the meat started then add the peppers/onion. Liberally sprinkly with chili powder --fry down until almost dry, de-glaze with some scotch. In a pot, Chili beans...I LIKE beans in my chili, diced tomatoes... fresh and WONDERFUL!!!!

Add meat mix to the beans, tomatoes. Add tomato juice to the consistency you want, taste, add spices as needed. With fresh ingredients, the amounts always vary.

Add some juice from the jar of banana peppers(the vinegar edge is needed for a bit of an acid), toss a few of the banana peppers in too..a little Worcestershire sauce, sea salt to taste. YUMMY!!!!!

Sounds delicious, Jeff! Enjoy your camping trip.

Back
Top Bottom