Dinner Friday the 3rd of June?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I usually get lazy by Friday and want take-out or something easy for dinner.

However, I put off a dish from Tuesday and I'm making it today. Tonight's dinner is butter chicken over Jasmine rice.

What's on your menu for tonight?

I'm waiting to find out if my DH is coming to the farm tonight or not. If he's coming, then we'll probably grill salmon...if not, I'll probably eat chicken, rice, and broccoli out of the freezer (what I'm making for Roz...).

I am also making chicken, but not sure what direction I will go. Probably just end up with grilled chicken salad (grilling the chicken not the lettuce ;)).

We still have some of the creamless vegetable soup (DH's name for it) from last night that turned out pretty well!

Pulled pork probably and fries IDK Im tired from these kids lol Could end up with just hot dogs and some apples slices

Well tonight either sandwhiches or something out. I have to go to the bank & store, but can't go til husband gets home so like 4pm. So u can picture dinner late.

Nibbles tonight. Some ripe French farmers cheese, extra old cheddar, chorizo, olives, golden dates, shrimp cocktail, marinated veggie salad, chiabbata, chilled dry wite....

Last edited:
green salad

tilapia

asparagus

strawberries with ice cream

The first local strawberries of the year, $5.00/quart! I was shocked until I realized I used $4.00 gas to go to the farm to pick them up.:LOL:

Not sure. We're going to Glenn's oldest daughter's home for a cook-out. Except for the cinnamon-zucchini bars we're bringing, no clue as what else is on the menu. No matter. We'll have a good time whatever's on the table.

Steak, potatoes, mushrooms... maybe I'll grill an onion, too.

...and some soup. Don't forget the soup.

I know, I know. I've got to get some crocks first. Maybe I'll peruse Amazon for some soup crocks. Kohl's didn't have any... but I did get some ramekins from Kohl's a couple weeks ago, so flan is on my shortlist, too :)
I want those brown earthen looking crocks with the handles on the side, so they'll match the ones I already have when I find them :LOL:

Rocklobster said:
Nibbles tonight. Some ripe French farmers cheese, extra old cheddar, chorizo, olives, golden dates, shrimp cocktail, marinated veggie salad, chiabbata, chilled dry wite....

We call this munchie night at our house. Gotta love that!
We are having pizza here.

"Meant N Gravy"
Rice....
Biscuits.......
Green Beans.....
Fried Green Tomatoes.....
Hostess Ding Dong! ........

UB, have you given up chocolate ice cream? The last few times I've seen your menu there was no mention of it.

I am also making chicken, but not sure what direction I will go. Probably just end up with grilled chicken salad (grilling the chicken not the lettuce ;)).
I have decided on chicken pad thai. This is something I can make totally gluten and soy free and we both love it! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom