Dinner ideas for tonight, Jan 10th, Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know how I got it done today:wacko: I have been up since 5:30 the kids have been in ma hold me mode all day, umpteen dirty diapers, breakfast, lunches, with DH in my way and making the kids howl cuz they didn't want to wait for him to eat first, The dog got sick on the rug, Livi was my one briight spot today but even she wanted to be held..But, I did get a veal stew going and now it smells yummy, have some rolls baking and will do a green salad maybe or maybe not..no darn dessert, the freezer is full of ice cream so that is gonna have to do..Okay, took a minute and tasted the stew, it's yummy with onions, celery,garlic, turnips,tiny youkon gold taters,carrots, mushrooms, nice gravy with a touch of white wine in it..Now, to finish up with the kids who are napping YIPPEE and pray I don't fall face down in the stew...:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Well shoot, Wednesdays are the night I have freedom from the kids but my class was canceled due to the snow.

If I can send dh to the little store up the road, then we'll have potatoes au gratin with ham and gruyere. If he doesn't want to drive in the snow, then I have no idea what we'll have.

I am actually making dinner tonight.

Spinach and Fontina stuffed Berkshire pork chops, roasted red pepper and rosemary risotto and wilted spinach with a little of the rendered pork fat, and a squeeze of lemon.

Sure beats the junk I have been eating/getting delivered the past two weeks...

I'm making pork chops with a honey apple sauce,boiled potatoes and green beans and a chocolate cake with white fluffy icing.now i just hope it tastes as good as it sounds-hehe

Bless you, kads, I don't know how you do it--you make me look lazy when I can't make a meal like that with only one kiddo in hold-me mode!

Today was my husband's 62nd birthday, and the start of his official retirement. He's been burning vacation days for the last 6 weeks.
We took went to the mall down the road in the "big town", and had his ear pierced, then had a "what a meal" at Red Lobster. We both had Ceasar salads, a crabcake appetizor, and those wonderful little cheese/herb biscuits they serve.
My dinner was a lobster tail, crab legs, 6 fried shrimp and 6 shrimp scampi with one of their crispy-skinned baked potatoes loaded with butter and sour cream.
Kim loves fried stuff, so he had a whole bunch of fried shrimp, bay scallops, clams, fish and French fries.

It's been a beautiful day, and very mild for this time of year. His kids did what they should have and my daughter came by while ago with a pan of brownies, so Granpa's chocolate urges will be satisfied. Right now, he's having a rum drink and listening to Jimmy Buffet.

So good.....

Last edited:
Constance said:
Today was my husband's 62nd birthday day, and the start of his official retirement. He's been burning vacation days for the last 6 weeks.
We headed down the road to a "big town" to get his ear pierced, then had a "what a meal" at Red Lobster. All the kids did the right things, it was sunny and very mild for this time of year, and an altogether perfect day.

As for the meal...we both had Ceasar salads, a crabcake appetizor, and those wonderful little cheese/herb biscuits they serve.
My dinner was a lobster tail, crab legs, 6 fried shrimp and 6 shrimp scampi with one of their wonderful, crispy-skinned baked potatoes loaded with butter and sour cream.
Kim loves fried stuff, so he had a whole bunch of fried shrimp, bay scallops, clams, fish and French fries.

My daughter came by while ago with a pan of brownies, so Granpa's chocolate urges will be satisfied. He's having a rum drink and listening to Jimmy Buffet, so I thing this has been a good birthday for him.

:)

I'm wishing your husband a Happy Birthday and Happy Retirement all in one. That meal sounds wonderful that you had at RL.
So tell you hubby to enjoy Jimmy Buffet and his Margaritaville rum drink and maybe tomorrow he'll be in the mood for a Cheeseburger in Paradise!:-p

Constance said:
Today was my husband's 62nd birthday, and the start of his official retirement. He's been burning vacation days for the last 6 weeks.
We took went to the mall down the road in the "big town", and had his ear pierced, then had a "what a meal" at Red Lobster. We both had Ceasar salads, a crabcake appetizor, and those wonderful little cheese/herb biscuits they serve.
My dinner was a lobster tail, crab legs, 6 fried shrimp and 6 shrimp scampi with one of their crispy-skinned baked potatoes loaded with butter and sour cream.

It's been a beautiful day, and very mild for this time of year. His kids did what they should have and my daughter came by while ago with a pan of brownies, so Granpa's chocolate urges will be satisfied. Right now, he's having a rum drink and listening to Jimmy Buffet.

So good.....

Wishing your dear husband my warmest congratulations and best wishes for his BIRTHDAY and RETIREMENT. JoAnn

PA Baker said:
Bless you, kads, I don't know how you do it--you make me look lazy when I can't make a meal like that with only one kiddo in hold-me mode!
Never Pa,
I can't imagine you lazy. A stew for dinner was easy, it was having to keep putting the toothpicks back under my eyelids that was a chore:LOL: Once little Sofie, is over the sleep trouble she will fall into a routine just like mine have most days.. You will find and be suprised how much you'll get done..Besides the time you spen with that precious little girl the better dust bunnies come and go, keep her at your side as long as you can. I've learned to work around naps, 15 min with pa chasing them and I get a lot done..Then at night I come visit here and relax.. So, don't let me hear another word about you being lazy young lady:LOL:
hugs to you and Sof
kadesma

Constance said:

So good.....
Connie,
wish Kim a happy Birthday and a Yippee on his retirement:LOL: Now the fun begins...

kadesma:-p

Constance said:
Today was my husband's 62nd birthday, and the start of his official retirement.
Constance, Happy Birthday to your beloved husband. My best wishes for a long, enjoyable, and fulfilling retired life. I hope you will now have plenty of time to smell the roses together and rediscover all the little things in life that inevitably are pushed aside in the hustle and bustle of work.:flowers:

Last night we just had good old turkey tacos, using ground turkey, a taco "kit" (tweaked with additional spices), & topped with fresh chopped lettuce & tomato, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, & taco sauce.

mugsy27 said:
really?! i see it at every grocery store i go to...safeway, giant...even the local costco sells in in bulk!!

what part of md are u in?

I'm in the southwestern part of Balto county.
I have found andoullie at Wegman's in Hunt Valley, but my local stores don't carry it. The andoullie at Costco is made of chicken, I prefer the pork product. Maybe I just need to shop out of my neighborhood:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom