Dinner is Ducky Monday 21 May 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
On the weekend Kathleen and I popped into our local grocery store so she could pick up an RX. While she was standing in line I was lured away to the meat department (right next to the pharmacy) and just had to look at what was on sale, what special things they had available... ya know.. go check out the meat.

They had fresh ducks available so I just had to have one.

Last night I broke it down and we will be having the breasts for dinner tonight. Along with some chard and corn.

I have the skin in a pot rendering now and the leg quarters are in a bin to be turned into confit in a couple days. I will either roast the carcass tonight then freeze (or stock it) or freeze it then deal with it at a later date. I do have some frozen duck stock still so it isn't critical.

What are you dinner plans?

I think you're adDUCKed to that confit. ;)

I have left the makings for roast beef melts for the family here. I suspect I'll be having tacos at work dang it. I'm not in the mood for that. Maybe they'll let me cook. I saw some lovely pork steaks and some beef cubes in the freezer. I could do a lot with that!

Looks like I'm on my own for supper tonight. Hmm, I wonder what to have.

BTW, what's with the date of this thread? Here in Quebec it's Monday the 21st of May.

Spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread. I will skip the garlic bread though (too many calories). Or I may skip the spaghetti and just do garlic bread and meatballs. Hmmmm...

Everybody is snorting and is quite confitable playing today:ROFLMAO: No ideas here
ma

I think I'll make Swiss mushroom chicken with stuffing and a veggie. I also need to make up some deviled eggs for a luncheon at school tomorrow so will have some for home too.

Running late on everything and have to go to the store before fixing supper. I'm thinking pork chops, sauerkraut, and peas. That may change, depending on what I get at the store, but that sounds really good right now. :yum:

I watched an episode of Lidia's Italy this weekend and was inspired to make stuffed tomatoes.

I used some leftover fried rice and various other musgos lurking in the dark corners of the refrigerator! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

dinner is grilled octopus brushed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for starters, then grilled black and blue bacon burgers, with baked beans and sweet potato fries.

the assistant cubmaster of our pack made the black and blue bacon burgers on a camping trip recently, and they were outstanding. best burger i've had in a long while.

Oh that sounds like a heck of a menu.

too bad you're not closer. you're welcome to it.

the octopus is delicious. i bought these legs skewered into tight coils so they're easy to grill. another use for the searing burner.

and the burgers are my new obsession. a little blackening season is sprinkled while they grill, then crumbled blue cheese is pressed on top just before they're done. slap 'em on a bun with red onion, tomato, and bacon, and it's burger heaven. :pig:

buckytom said:

the octopus is delicious. i bought these legs skewered into tight coils so they're easy to grill. another use for the searing burner.

and the burgers are my new obsession. a little blackening season is sprinkled while they grill, then crumbled blue cheese is pressed on top just before they're done. slap 'em on a bun with red onion, tomato, and bacon, and it's burger heaven. :pig:

Sounds wonderful, BT! We HAD a little wedge of Maytag blue earlier this past weekend, sadly, it's gone now.

DH gets soybean sprout soup from yesterday (I already had some for lunch), and we'll have a couple salads with ham or turkey.

Thanks Bucky... though joisey is a lot closer than you think... especially when good food is in the mix.

SO wanted a salad and leftove pizza so I opted for some egg and lemon soup and a couple of lamejum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom