Dinner is on the table 8/1/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking dinner will be an egg salad sandwich, veggies with ranch dressing, and peaches. I need to use up some fresh produce that I overbought. :)

Last edited:
We had romaine and veggies salad, then the sausage-and-beans-and-collard-greens I planned on having for...oh, the last three or four days! :LOL: No dessert, since we seem to be experiencing a dessert desert at this time. I really need to do something about that.

Brown food is the BEST food.
Yes, especially when it's chocolate. :yum:

I'm thinking dinner will be an egg salad sandwich, veggies with ranch dressing, and peaches. I need to use up some fresh produce that I overbought. :)

Delicious! Most of the egg salad oozed out the back though, when I cut it into quarters. I should have made a little more :LOL:, but it was a really good and nice, cool dinner. Enjoyed the fresh veggies with the ranch dressing. Lots of iced tea with it, and a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream finished it off. :yum: The peaches I had planned to cut up to have with dinner, will be for breakfast instead.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Delicious! Most of the egg salad oozed out the back though, when I cut it into quarters. I should have made a little more :LOL:, but it was a really good and nice, cool dinner. Enjoyed the fresh veggies with the ranch dressing. Lots of iced tea with it, and a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream finished it off. :yum: The peaches I had planned to cut up to have with dinner, will be for breakfast instead.

Such a beautiful plate, Cheryl! :yum: Are the red orbs in the sammie cherry tomatoes?

Last edited:

That's a beautiful dinner Cheryl. I've had the same problem with oozing filling out the sides of sandwiches like tuna and egg salad. Now I serve those kinds of sammies open faced...no problem now. ;) This works especially well with sturdy bread like ciabatta rolls.

Last edited:
We went out for dinner!

I had a steak with baked potato and Caesar salad, TB had ribs and wings with rice and veggies.

Thanks, Dawg and Kay. :)

Yep Dawg, those are grape tomatoes. I love them in egg salad. :yum:

Kay, I also sometimes make open faced sammies, and I should have this particular time because the onion buns were so thick. I also sometimes do without bread altogether and make lettuce wraps. But I wanted that delicious onion bread. :yum:

Cheryl, I would never have thought to put cherry tomatoes in my egg salad! Thanks for the idea, I have cherry toms coming out of my ears!

It's a nice combination - I scoop out the 'mater innards so it doesn't water down the egg salad. :)

Lucky you to have so many cherry toms! My patio tomato plants are long done now. I might be able to start again, but I think I'm done with planting for the year, too.

Back
Top Bottom