Dinner Jan. 4, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I'm ambitious it will be smothered chicken breasts. So...most likely we'll be having Must-Goes. We seem to have leftovers so often (OK, so I cook for more than two...still haven't gotten the hang of empty-nester portions) my husband claims I must buy them at the grocery store.

Andy M, our son told me earlier today that he just "discovered" barley...a new love! He cooks a lot - some days I wished he still lived at home.:( Some days nothing tastes better than "someone else's cooking".

Vanilla Bean, I LOVE Breakfast for Supper! Nothing like eating breakfast late...and then sleeping in the next morning.;)

3 sausage bread is in the oven and i have a nice ball of dough left. maybe i can split it and make 2 pizzas

We are having baked bbq pork chops, simple rice with sauted onions,garlic and mushrooms,sliced fennel,celery,carrots,cucumber as a slaw, warm French rolls.Dessert maybe if I have time. I'll do an apple nut crostada.
kadesma

CJ, is the recipe for your crostada on the site? It sounds delicious!

We had rotisserie chicken, dumplings, field peas, sliced tomatoes and corn bread. I had an orange for dessert - dh had fruitcake and coffee.

CJ, is the recipe for your crostada on the site? It sounds delicious!

We had rotisserie chicken, dumplings, field peas, sliced tomatoes and corn bread. I had an orange for dessert - dh had fruitcake and coffee.
No Licia, it's one I made up:LOL: It's simple I had a left over pie crust so I put it on a baking sheet on top of parchment paper. I brushed the crust with melted butter, then I put on sliced apples peel and all, mixed with sugar,cinnamon,a little nutmeg and clove and then some toasted nuts, walnuts or almonds. the I took the edge and folded it up all the way around the circle about a 1/2 inch.Then I put little pieces of butter over the top just a little. Baked at 325 til golden brown or crust is bake through. DH love it with some vanilla ice cream, s-i-l loves it anyway he can get it. It's good made with pears or plums as well.
cj

Cold, cold, cold here today. High, in total sunshine, was only about 20F.

We're having Swiss steak, mashed potatoes and buttery-streusel cake with whipped topping. Good day to stay inside and sit by the fireplace.

Homemade Sausage bread

img_869598_0_69f2889faf917f5f5f11885d44e2ecd2.jpg

img_869598_1_0674c24a4138963f3e4e4574bea51605.jpg

Homemade Pizza - sauce, sausage, peppers, onions, mushrooms, sliced garlic, romano cheese, mozzarella, herbs and spices.

img_869598_2_dd04f710804a33e87dabcebc5089d8cf.jpg

img_869598_3_33bca8ba454509763b6ddeb4dcf4412b.jpg

using new pot my granddaughter gave me for christmas. it is cast iron covered with porcelain . dutch oven size, maybe a tad larger. anyway made bean and ham soup. gonna make garlic bread to go with it.

tomorrow will give some to granddaughter and also my son. otherwise i get sick of it. the pot is lovely and i can picture using it a lot.

Mmmm, that sounds good, luvs. Makes my leftovers look paltry. But they ARE quality, home-made leftovers...:chef:

well, thanks! although dinner isn't gonna occur tonite. tomorrow, instead, though.
i like leftovers! :) especially winter soups & stews. cheers!

No Licia, it's one I made up:LOL: It's simple I had a left over pie crust so I put it on a baking sheet on top of parchment paper. I brushed the crust with melted butter, then I put on sliced apples peel and all, mixed with sugar,cinnamon,a little nutmeg and clove and then some toasted nuts, walnuts or almonds. the I took the edge and folded it up all the way around the circle about a 1/2 inch.Then I put little pieces of butter over the top just a little. Baked at 325 til golden brown or crust is bake through. DH love it with some vanilla ice cream, s-i-l loves it anyway he can get it. It's good made with pears or plums as well.
cj
Thanks. I will certainly make one. GS and I made apple dumplings for dessert tonight. He ate 3 (or course they aren't very big).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom