"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #21
Master Chef

Last night I experimented with something a little different, & really enjoyed it.

Our local market had gorgeous large fresh heads of escarole that were irresistable, so picked one up. In a goodly amount of extra-virgin olive oil, I sauteed & sliced into bite-size pieces some hot Italian turkey sausages. Then thoroughly washed & roughly chopped the whole head of escarole & sauteed it in the pan with the sausage till just wilted, along with several cloves of chopped garlic. Finished by adding one can of drained & rinsed Cannelini beans & a couple of dashes of crushed red pepper flakes, & stirred gently until all was heated through. Tossed the whole shebang with a box of cooked Barilla spaghetti & enjoyed. Fast & delicious - the entire thing didn't take more than 30 minutes from chopping board to table.

Old 07-15-2006, 03:37 PM   #22
Cook

Send a message via MSN to AriesGirl71 Send a message via Yahoo to AriesGirl71
LOL.. compared to what everyone else had.. mine was pretty bland. I had to work late last night so ended up eating a bologna sandwich with cheese, and lettuce on it for dinner. BF had dinner with a friend while I was at work. I really didn't feel like cooking something hot just for me. Besides.. i had had a strawberry shortcake at work on my break so had already had enuf calories in me from that.. lol.