Dinner July 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very hot here. Supposed to be around 100 degrees. Going to do a different take on a French Dip sandwich. Trying a new experiment - putting a tri-tip in the slow cooker w/ French Onion soup, garlic & Italian seasoning, & making...

Tri-tip & provolone panini dips
Cold macaroni salad on the side

Very hot here. Supposed to be around 100 degrees. Going to do a different take on a French Dip sandwich. Trying a new experiment - putting a tri-tip in the slow cooker w/ French Onion soup, garlic & Italian seasoning, & making...

Tri-tip & provolone panini dips
Cold macaroni salad on the side
:yum:! take some pics & send 'em up C

found some gressingham duck breasts on yellow label in tesco a few weeks ago reduced from £6 for two down(that'd be duck down!)to £2 for two.needless to say i hired a van & bought a bigger freezer.any road up as we say over 'ere i rediscovered said duck this morning so:
sliced gressingham duck breast,sugarsnap peas,baby corn,garlic,chilli,ginger & california almonds stir fried in chinese five spice & soy sauce with steamed choi sum,sesame seeds & chilli sauce

Attachments

• STIRFRIED DUCK & CHOI SUM 001.JPG
    STIRFRIED DUCK & CHOI SUM 001.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 214
  • STIRFRIED DUCK & CHOI SUM 002.JPG
    STIRFRIED DUCK & CHOI SUM 002.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 170
  • STIRFRIED DUCK & CHOI SUM 003.JPG
    STIRFRIED DUCK & CHOI SUM 003.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 170
  • STIRFRIED DUCK & CHOI SUM 004.JPG
    STIRFRIED DUCK & CHOI SUM 004.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 194
  • STIRFRIED DUCK & CHOI SUM 005.JPG
    STIRFRIED DUCK & CHOI SUM 005.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 164
  • STIRFRIED DUCK & CHOI SUM 006.JPG
    STIRFRIED DUCK & CHOI SUM 006.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
WHAT’S FOR DINNER?

I’ve got some humongous chicken thighs, and I’ve got 3 huge pork steaks.

The 10# bag of chicken legs yielded 7 thighs and 7 drumsticks!

For the chicken thigh, I envisioned a greenbean casserole, with the traditional fried onion rings topping.

Now that I have 3 gorgeous pork steaks, I want meat!!!!
The only thing I can think of is a fried steak with rice and gravy. Which sounds kind of boring.

I’ve also got a bag of nice shrimp and summer squashes. I’m kind of leaning toward a squash medley with okra and diced stewed tomatoes.

What would you make?

Last edited:
Just got back from a late "lunch" and drinks at Bahama Breeze. So whenever dinner is, it will likely be a light snack and a dish of ice cream.

Change of plans. Little pan fried thin eye round steaks instead of sausage. Decided to use sausage for peppers and onions (YUM maybe sunday).

Kylie,

Believe it or not, your breaded burger is quite a well known dish in Spain ... It however, has a completely different name and is coated with caramelized onions after the bread crumbs and is called: Ruso Filete ( Russian Filet ) ...

I have never had one, so, I cannot give you taste profile, and cannot. However, I understand from co-workers, they are quite tasty.

Have nice wkend,
Ciao. Margi

That is excellent Margi :)

The old Aussie rissole is a hit around the world, just different names :LOL:

Just got back from a late "lunch" and drinks at Bahama Breeze. So whenever dinner is, it will likely be a light snack and a dish of ice cream.

Sounds like you had a lovely lunch out Andy, I can understand the light dinner, icecream sounds nice ;)

Tonight we will be having Chicken Parmesan and Spaghetti Noodles. Also I've got some biscuits in the oven cooking. I can cook just about anything if I set my mind to it. But biscuits is one thing that I can master like the rest. My mother use to make biscuits for every breakfast and every supper so I always get so frustrated when my biscuits don't turn out like hers :ermm:

At my Czech aunt's house, it was called a Fasirky (sp?). Different name, but the same thing. :chef:

Tonight we are hosting a neighborhood progressive dinner with three other houses. Each of us makes one course of the meal and then moves on to the next house. We end it with a bonfire and dessert.

We are doing the entree course. I'm making grilled Salmon with balsamic reduction glaze, potatoes dauphinoise, and a fresh sweet corn salad.

That sounds great Steve...what a wonderful way to bring neighbours together and have an enjoyable evening :)

The entree you made sounds delicious :yum:

At my Czech aunt's house, it was called a Fasirky (sp?). Different name, but the same thing. :chef:

Tonight we are hosting a neighborhood progressive dinner with three other houses. Each of us makes one course of the meal and then moves on to the next house. We end it with a bonfire and dessert.

We are doing the entree course. I'm making grilled Salmon with balsamic reduction glaze, potatoes dauphinoise, and a fresh sweet corn salad.
That is a great idea, the progressive party. I will have to think about starting one here.

In Denmark they call them "kabonade" or "krebinet", though they are usually made with pork or pork and veal.

I am making carbonara. I just discovered that all our bacon has gone off, so it will be a meatless one. It will be an experiment. I think I will add extra cheese.

we went out to divey little mom and pop italian place tonight that came highly recommended from some of my baseball parents.

the decor was 1960's finished basement, and tbe service was friendly but very slow. the food was inexpensive and outstanding! worth the wait.

we started with salads and manhattan clam chowder, then a fantastic appy of fried calamari and shrimp with spicy marinara.

next, my boy had a sizzling sirloin (sizzling on a white hot plate with maggi sauce) and a side of pasta; dw had the veal picata, baked spud, and steamed stringbeans; i had the marinated veal chops and a side of pasta.

portions were huge, and everything delicious.

dessert was coffee and a so-so tiramisu.

we'll have to try their pizza soon.

we went out to divey little mom and pop italian place tonight that came highly recommended from some of my baseball parents.

the decor was 1960's finished basement, and tbe service was friendly but very slow. the food was inexpensive and outstanding! worth the wait.

we started with salads and manhattan clam chowder, then a fantastic appy of fried calamari and shrimp with spicy marinara.

next, my boy had a sizzling sirloin (sizzling on a white hot plate with maggi sauce) and a side of pasta; dw had the veal picata, baked spud, and steamed stringbeans; i had the marinated veal chops and a side of pasta.

portions were huge, and everything delicious.

dessert was coffee and a so-so tiramisu.

we'll have to try their pizza soon.
Steve's Sizzling Steak? LOL

Whats the name and where?

Back
Top Bottom