Dinner July 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am making carbonara. I just discovered that all our bacon has gone off, so it will be a meatless one. It will be an experiment. I think I will add extra cheese.
That turned out well, but I like the flavour of some meat in the carbonara.

Note to self: do the prep work before making the Margaritas. :ermm: It's just easier. :LOL:

I had a Hamburger topped with Sweet Baby Ray's and sliced purple onion with a Garden Salad. I planned on having Fat Free Frozen Vanilla Yogurt topped with Fresh Peaches. I ate 4 hours ago and I am still full. Dessert might wait until breakfast.

Steve, hope everyone had a nice time at your progressive party. Sounds like lots of fun. Looking forward to hearing more about it. :)

That turned out well, but I like the flavour of some meat in the carbonara.

Note to self: do the prep work before making the Margaritas. :ermm: It's just easier. :LOL:

So pleased to hear it turned out well Taxy :)

LOL with the prep after margaritas :LOL:

we went out to divey little mom and pop italian place tonight that came highly recommended from some of my baseball parents.

the decor was 1960's finished basement, and tbe service was friendly but very slow. the food was inexpensive and outstanding! worth the wait.

we started with salads and manhattan clam chowder, then a fantastic appy of fried calamari and shrimp with spicy marinara.

next, my boy had a sizzling sirloin (sizzling on a white hot plate with maggi sauce) and a side of pasta; dw had the veal picata, baked spud, and steamed stringbeans; i had the marinated veal chops and a side of pasta.

portions were huge, and everything delicious.

dessert was coffee and a so-so tiramisu.

we'll have to try their pizza soon.

Sounds like a perfect night out Tom....the decor sounds fab and I love the sound of the food you had :) Glad you had such a nice night!

I've been craving turkey lately, and remembered I had some drumsticks in the freezer. It wasn't too terribly hot today so I roasted one, along with some veggies. I love that caramelization on the veggies. It was good, but I couldn't finish it all. :yum:

011.jpg

Tom - that sounds so good! Sometimes those little divey mom and pop places are just the best. :chef:

Taxlady....LOL

Last edited:
I've been craving turkey lately, and remembered I had some drumsticks in the freezer. It wasn't too terribly hot today so I roasted one, along with some veggies. I love that caramelization on the veggies. It was good, but I couldn't finish it all. :yum:

View attachment 14506

Cheryl...I love the look of that meal, very tasty indeed :yum:

That serving would be just right for me...I like a reasonably big dinner...so I dont eat so much later in the evening ;)

Same here - I usually have breakfast around 9, and dinner around 4. With a little grazing in between. Don't like to eat much in the evening, either. Now I remember why. lol

I made a new friend this week at our Kid's Day Camp. She volunteered to work in the kitchen and it was like at first sight! She is a hard worker and a very nice person.

Anyway, through the week she told me she can't bake and wondered if I would teach her. I said sure, and in payment I would like lessons in tradition Punjab cuisine. She was more than happy to oblige.

So today, she shows up with a container of pekora curry for my dinner. I tasted a bit of the sauce and it was SOOOOO good! Unfortunately I think I have a bit of the flu so didn't feel like it for dinner but it is in the fridge waiting for tomorrow!

we went out to divey little mom and pop italian place tonight that came highly recommended from some of my baseball parents.

the decor was 1960's finished basement, and tbe service was friendly but very slow. the food was inexpensive and outstanding! worth the wait.

we started with salads and manhattan clam chowder, then a fantastic appy of fried calamari and shrimp with spicy marinara.

next, my boy had a sizzling sirloin (sizzling on a white hot plate with maggi sauce) and a side of pasta; dw had the veal picata, baked spud, and steamed stringbeans; i had the marinated veal chops and a side of pasta.

portions were huge, and everything delicious.

dessert was coffee and a so-so tiramisu.

we'll have to try their pizza soon.
sounds fabarooney tom:yum:!! i can almost smell & hear your sons sizzling steak.haven't had veal for yonk's...not easy to get over here & when you can it's usually just the escallopes & veally veally expensive:rolleyes:!!

Beer & BBQ ....(.BBQ pork booty sammiches)
A Few FF Potatoes.......
Chocolate 'Cream......
bob,i look forward to all your posts because:
a) all your food sounds top(that's excellent in britspeak!)
b) takes me a while to work out what some of it is(sammiches...sandwiches)
c) (b) above makes it more interesting reading
d) you live in a part of the states i would love to visit
e) you drink bourbon:cool:...my favs are makers mark & woodford reserve.only british whiskey i drink is penderyn single malt welsh(naturally as i am a welshman)whiskey.they do a range.the one i drink is matured in madeira barrels...oh man:yum: & if it's good enough for the prince of wales....mind you charlie boy can afford it:LOL:!!
f) which bourbon is your tipple?

I made a new friend this week at our Kid's Day Camp. She volunteered to work in the kitchen and it was like at first sight! She is a hard worker and a very nice person.

Anyway, through the week she told me she can't bake and wondered if I would teach her. I said sure, and in payment I would like lessons in tradition Punjab cuisine. She was more than happy to oblige.

So today, she shows up with a container of pekora curry for my dinner. I tasted a bit of the sauce and it was SOOOOO good! Unfortunately I think I have a bit of the flu so didn't feel like it for dinner but it is in the fridge waiting for tomorrow!

That is great LP :)

The pekora curry sounds delish!

Back
Top Bottom