Dinner July 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, so, what's a beef rissole vs. a beef schntizel?

i think of myself as fairly wordly, and you've certainly taught me that i have a lot to learn.
with much respect, our kylie.

Tom little buddy...a beef rissole is basically a hamburger patty

The main difference is that you coat them in breadcrumbs :)

They are beef mince, onion, milk, worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, egg and parsley

Okey dokey, so you do have rissoles over there then, correct :-p They are just not called rissoles

burger/schmurger,rissole/schmissole,you say tomaita i say say tomatta...you both need to call the whole thing off...and get out more..............:wacko::LOL::ROFLMAO:!!

Last edited:
Kylie,

Believe it or not, your breaded burger is quite a well known dish in Spain ... It however, has a completely different name and is coated with caramelized onions after the bread crumbs and is called: Ruso Filete ( Russian Filet ) ...

I have never had one, so, I cannot give you taste profile, and cannot. However, I understand from co-workers, they are quite tasty.

Have nice wkend,
Ciao. Margi

a beef rissole is basically a hamburger patty
At my Czech aunt's house, it was called a Fasirky (sp?). Different name, but the same thing. :chef:

Tonight we are hosting a neighborhood progressive dinner with three other houses. Each of us makes one course of the meal and then moves on to the next house. We end it with a bonfire and dessert.

We are doing the entree course. I'm making grilled Salmon with balsamic reduction glaze, potatoes dauphinoise, and a fresh sweet corn salad.

At my Czech aunt's house, it was called a Fasirky (sp?). Different name, but the same thing. :chef:

Tonight we are hosting a neighborhood progressive dinner with three other houses. Each of us makes one course of the meal and then moves on to the next house. We end it with a bonfire and dessert.

We are doing the entree course. I'm making grilled Salmon with balsamic reduction glaze, potatoes dauphinoise, and a fresh sweet corn salad.
Sounds fun! Don't know how dry it is in MN, but be careful with the bonfire.

We're "camping" at the farm so we are having burgers accompanied by a whack of veggies from the garden. Beans for sure, probably chard, zucchini, kohlrabi...not sure what else, depends on how much we harvest this afternoon when we get there. Tomorrow we have to run to NY, and harvest the rest of the stuff for the day to bring home for processing...

Sounds fun! Don't know how dry it is in MN, but be careful with the bonfire.
Not really a bonfire so much, but a patio fire (we have a built-in fire pit). We've had quite a bit of rain this week, so it hasn't been all that dry.

Ironically, it may be too hot to start any kind of fire tonight.

Not really a bonfire so much, but a patio fire (we have a built-in fire pit). We've had quite a bit of rain this week, so it hasn't been all that dry.

Ironically, it may be too hot to start any kind of fire tonight.
Send some of the rain our way!!!!

My parents have lakeshore in northern MN. One of my favorite things to do when I'm there is to make a picnic supper (potato salad, burgers/sausages, the fixings) and go down to the lake, build a fire in the fire pit, cook the burgers/sausages, and sit by the lake/fire until dark listening to the loons. We roast marshmallows and make s'mores. My dad cuts the "sticks" from green branches. It is like camping, but not really. And, we always kill the fire with lake water. And, my parents enjoy it. They don't do this when I'm not there, so it is a bit of a treat for them (definitely a treat for me--I live in "farm" country--not a lot of lakes with public access and we have a farm instead of lakefront property). Luckily, my dad put in a sorta driveway so we can load my mom in the car. With her limited mobility, she can't walk down to the lake anymore. And, if I forget something, I only have to jog about 100 ft back to the house.

We were debating about dipping the canoe in the water this weekend as the annual thing we do for the DH's birthday--but with the weather forecast to be 30C+(and the fact that my thumb thanks to Rocky is killing me, one kneecap is locking, and the DH's shoulder is bothering him), figured we are too gimpy to go canoeing and it will be too hot.

Will probably be pan fried sweet Italian sausage, mashed taters with pork gravy and mixed veggies.

Lasagne di Mare ( Seafood Lasagne )

:yum: This is Friday night´s dinner for my daughter Naia & I ... Photo attached. The recipe shall be posted in the Fish & Shellfish Section Saturday am.

:chef: Ciao and have great evening, Margi.

Attachments

• lasaña de marisco.jpg
    lasaña de marisco.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 196
Back
Top Bottom