"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 07-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #11
Head Chef
Send a message via MSN to Caine
Today I made pork loin chops, browned, then simmered in Bush's homestyle beans until cooked through. This was served with steamed Asian style vegetables and corn on the cob. Dessert was a slice of banana pineapple pecan bread with a sccop of butter pecan ice cream, covered in caramel sauce and whipped cream.

Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:00 PM   #12
Master Chef
Like Barb L and kadesma I also grilled tri-tip. I seasoned the tri-tip with a spice blend that I bought at a crafts fair that I went to on Saturday. With the tri-tip I had grilled zucchini and onions tossed with Italian seasoning and EVOO, tomato and mozzarella slices sprinkled with fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper and cottage cheese with chives and lots of pepper.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #13
Master Chef
Since it was such an absolutely lovely day & evening here yesterday, I once again fired up the charcoal grill & did chicken wings 2 ways: All dry-seasoned before grilling, then half tossed with Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce, & the other half tossed with a blow-the-top-of-your-head-off super hot Korean Chicken Wing Sauce recipe I made for the 1st time (& will definitely be making again!!!!).
BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:50 AM   #14
Head Chef
Yesterday we went to the ocean/beach. DH's parents are staying in a cottage up there. They bought a bunch of marinated meats from the butcher and my MIL made a salad and roasted some squash and zucchini on the grill. Earlier that day, she made blue berry pancakes for us all. After dinner, we all had icecream sandwiches. Yummmmmmmmmy!!!!!
My Blog
legend_018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:57 AM   #15
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I did roast beef on tiger loaf buns with home grown horse raddish.

So long and Thanks for all the Fish ;)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote