Dinner, July 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Since my pork tenderloin didn't thaw yesterday in time for dinner, - grilling today, with grilled baked potatoes, eggplant, sweet onions w/bouillon cube, cole slaw and grilled marble garlic bread.

Last edited:
Sunday family day:LOL: we are having tri-tip marinated in balsamic,evoo,herbs,garlic,onion, corn on the cob, chili, potatoe salad, tortalini salad with pesto and chopped tomatos,garlic bread, platter of melons and grapes, grilled eggplant from the garden, appys are thin slices of ciabata toasted with a little butter and parmesan then topped with minced artichoke hearts,mayo,sliced green onions,more parm.Dessert white cake with dutch cocoa,mascarpone frosting and chocolate chip ice cream..Plus we are meeting for the first time our youngest son's heart interest:LOL: Should be an interesting day!!!

kadesma

CJ, with a menu like that, she will love you all and want to celebrate forever.

We had Publix fried chicken tenders, Onion Rings, Macaroni and cheese, three bean salad. I did make the salad. We had watermelon for dessert. I need rest after the last 2 weeks.

I'm making stuffed shells, haven't had them in awhile and the weather is cool so I can use the oven.

I'm doing Arroz con Pollo with chorizo.

My wife is half Cuban and it's a dish very near and dear to her heart, although it's fast become one of my favorite comfort foods as well.

Enjoy with an icey cold Presidente and some fried plantains. w00t.

Cornbread-stuffed Cornish hens basted with blackberry jelly, lemon, dried cherries and allspice. Sauce of the basting mixture will be served on the side. French green beans, then the ice cream we didn't get around to yesterday.

We'll have ladyfinger popcorn later in the evening while we watch "Over the Hedge." Loooove our new Whirley-Pop popper. It's awesome.

slept in today, all i felt like making was Honey BBQ Wings and Onion Perogies

Since my kitchen is still undergoing renovation, I've been making a "wine and herb-butt" grilled chicken every Sunday - tonight it was thyme and garlic. We eat the wings and legs on Sunday, then use the leftovers to make other things during the week. So I had chicken and a cucumber salad. If I get the energy, I might make a caprese salad with fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden, along with fresh mozzarella, evoo and red wine vinegar.

Today I made pork loin chops, browned, then simmered in Bush's homestyle beans until cooked through. This was served with steamed Asian style vegetables and corn on the cob. Dessert was a slice of banana pineapple pecan bread with a sccop of butter pecan ice cream, covered in caramel sauce and whipped cream.

Like Barb L and kadesma I also grilled tri-tip. :) I seasoned the tri-tip with a spice blend that I bought at a crafts fair that I went to on Saturday. With the tri-tip I had grilled zucchini and onions tossed with Italian seasoning and EVOO, tomato and mozzarella slices sprinkled with fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper and cottage cheese with chives and lots of pepper.

Last edited:
Since it was such an absolutely lovely day & evening here yesterday, I once again fired up the charcoal grill & did chicken wings 2 ways: All dry-seasoned before grilling, then half tossed with Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce, & the other half tossed with a blow-the-top-of-your-head-off super hot Korean Chicken Wing Sauce recipe I made for the 1st time (& will definitely be making again!!!!).

Yesterday we went to the ocean/beach. DH's parents are staying in a cottage up there. They bought a bunch of marinated meats from the butcher and my MIL made a salad and roasted some squash and zucchini on the grill. Earlier that day, she made blue berry pancakes for us all. After dinner, we all had icecream sandwiches. Yummmmmmmmmy!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom