Dinner July 23/13 - Tuesday Tune up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Ha! Going to follow CG's trend here. Got to "tune up" my kitchen in preparation for guests. There are a LOT of songs with Tuesday in them. I'll start with:

The Rolling Stones-Ruby Tuesday (Lyrics) - YouTube

We're going to clean out the fridge to make room for all the groceries I need to buy. Getting rid of chicken and all kinds of veggies and fruit. Likely either enchiladas or cold wraps.

OK, anyone else got a Tuesday Tune to share?

Tonight for dinner we are having a chicken cashew masala curry with basmati rice and fresh sourdough bread :yum:

We're going on vacation Friday to visit DH's family for a week, so I need to work on clearing out the fridge. We have a lot of fruit, cheese and veggies, so it sounds like salads and snacky stuff to me.

I love a good theme thread! And Steve, Til Tuesday totally counts!

I'm glad I decided to do something cool prep, its heating up a lot already!

I don't know any Tuesday songs. :(

But today I made the Chicken Stroganoff that Kylie recommended the other day. It was delicious! (Thanks for the link Kylie!) :)

Katy, just start thinking now about something for Wednesday - after all, you'll be "there" before those of us Stateside will!

I have to make a quick run, probably thru the raindrops, to Panera's for bread. Also, my freebie offer of a frozen lemonade expires tonight. Bonus, the grocery store that fries fish in-store is in the same shopping center. Fried Cod it is! I'll cook up the yellow squash (saute) and broccoli (steam) out of the fridge tonight to make room for tomorrow's shopping. Salad, per usual.

Alix, little did I know I created a monster by posting a video on Monday. LOVE this! Let's keep it going and growing guys - at least for one week. ;) Here's my pick: Michelle Branch - Tuesday Morning - YouTube

We're going on vacation Friday to visit DH's family for a week, so I need to work on clearing out the fridge. We have a lot of fruit, cheese and veggies, so it sounds like salads and snacky stuff to me.

When I was having breakfast, I realized that I have two cups of leftover rice pilaf and probably four cups of leftover spicy tomato sauce I used on the polenta. I decided to try a couple tbsp. of each together, to see what it would taste like. It was really good! So I'm thinking I'll mix those two together, add some more sauteed veggies and have it with bread. Will need to have DH stop at the store for that.

On Tuesday Afternoon I'll be in the mood to be grilling burgers for SO and me.

It's been pouring rain off and on all day and I have a grandson to feed. Spaghetti with meatballs and sausages and corn on the cob fresh picked this afternoon.

On Tuesday Afternoon I'll be in the mood to be grilling burgers for SO and me.

It's been pouring rain off and on all day and I have a grandson to feed. Spaghetti with meatballs and sausages and corn on the cob fresh picked this afternoon.

"Fresh picked" corn? I wonder what that tastes like! My corn comes in a tin or from a freezer bag. I could pay a fortune for a whole corn cobs at the supermarket, but they would hardly be "fresh picked" since we are not exactly awash with cornfields over here.

That's too bad, Katy, there's nothing like it. It's a major crop here in the Midwest US, we're lucky!

That's too bad, Katy, there's nothing like it. It's a major crop here in the Midwest US, we're lucky!

I bet it is delicious DL!

Mind you, I saw that Mel Gibson film "Signs" - cornfields are awash with aliens!! :shock:

(You realise I am purely tongue in cheek here, right?) But it WAS a very scary film! :LOL:

I bet it is delicious DL!

Mind you, I saw that Mel Gibson film "Signs" - cornfields are awash with aliens!! :shock:

(You realise I am purely tongue in cheek here, right?) But it WAS a very scary film! :LOL:

:LOL: Yes, every field has at least one!

Tuesday's child is full of grace...

Spelunked a couple of massive ribeyes, will grill them with something else. Or all by themselves.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom