Dinner July 23/13 - Tuesday Tune up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's my quick creamy dressing: Equal parts sour cream or yogourt and mayo, some apple cider vinegar, a good "glug" of fish sauce, a bunch of garlic powder and onion powder. Whisk until smooth.

I was told that one should build a fire in the corn field, boil the water, and then bend the stalk over the water until the ear is in the water. :LOL:
Then I wouldn't have to run!!!:LOL:

I'm about to put these beautiful loin lamb chops on the grill along with asparagus. Potato salad will round out the menu.
img_1284548_0_b7831767149974614846549eabdd4736.jpg

YUM, sounds lovely Kayelle :yum:

Winged it with a sauce tonight. I had 4 button mushrooms left so I shaved them, threw in some garlic, green onion, loads of parsley. After searing the filets and putting them in the toaster oven with the spuds to finish, I threw everything in the pan, deglazed with a bit of Madeira wine and some beef stock, fresh ground black pepper and let this reduce to almost nada. Then, spooned the results on the steak... turned out pretty cool tasting, actually...

That looks pretty nice for winging it Rock :)

No, my mother martyred the poor things! :ROFLMAO:

I see. Lamb chops ala Florence Nightingale ;)

Also, raisins are horrible. Just saying.

Sour milk is disgusting too. But sour cream is marvellous and yoghurt is actually okay too... where do you stand on these???

When I use sour cream I always lick the spoon. Love sour cream.
I don't do much with yogurt unless I really want to follow a recipe. Pretty much the raisin bran story. Nobody told me you had to stir it before eating it. Although I did have orange yogurt ice cream the other day.

It's my quick creamy dressing: Equal parts sour cream or yogourt and mayo, some apple cider vinegar, a good "glug" of fish sauce, a bunch of garlic powder and onion powder. Whisk until smooth.

That is a great recipe! I have copied and pasted it (I'd be using fresh garlic and probably very finely chopped onion as I don't think the powdered varieties are available). I'll let you know how I get on with it. :)

I don't do much with yogurt unless I really want to follow a recipe. Pretty much the raisin bran story. Nobody told me you had to stir it before eating it. Although I did have orange yogurt ice cream the other day.

There is hope for you yet!

So... if I may be so bold.... when are you going to make English style bacon? :cool: I do believe Kylie posted a most attractive picture on your "makin bacon" thread?

That is a great recipe! I have copied and pasted it (I'd be using fresh garlic and probably very finely chopped onion as I don't think the powdered varieties are available). I'll let you know how I get on with it. :)
It will be even better with fresh minced garlic and onion. I just use the powders because it's so quick - takes about two minutes to make it.

It will be even better with fresh minced garlic and onion. I just use the powders because it's so quick - takes about two minutes to make it.

Excellent! Thanks TL.

And now, I do believe it is time for me to head to bed. Lots to do tomorrow including the dreaded "baking".

Goodnight all.

Katy x

Same here. Sour cream is great straight, yogourt is kinda sour. I usually have yogourt in the house for cooking and baking and salad dressings. The only time I like yogourt straight is if I have been making it myself and it's several "generations" along. It gets much softer tasting, but it's still not as yummy as sour cream.

Tonight I was "working/volunteering" as interpreter for a large worship/bible study service. I get nervous so didn't dinner and had a late lunch instead. Then when I got home, I ate ice cream. Now I'm ready for bed. Guess I'll have to cook tomorrow night though.

I grabbed a smallish bag (10.5 oz) of kimchi on a whim from Trader Joe's over the weekend & it is surprisingly good! Tonight it was kimchi stir-fried rice topped with an over-easy egg.

I was told that one should build a fire in the corn field, boil the water, and then bend the stalk over the water until the ear is in the water. :LOL:

Then I wouldn't have to run!!!:LOL:

My Mom said that's what Grandma always threatened to do...but she never did. :LOL:

Back in "the day" (1920s) most families, even in the city, had a serious garden in the back yard. Grandma & Grandpa's house had a very deep yard, so there was a small grassy area for play and hanging clothes, then a huge garden, and then the chicken coop all the way at the back. I'm totally in awe of my Grandma and I never had the chance to meet her.

Winged it with a sauce tonight. I had 4 button mushrooms left so I shaved them, threw in some garlic, green onion, loads of parsley. After searing the filets and putting them in the toaster oven with the spuds to finish, I threw everything in the pan, deglazed with a bit of Madeira wine and some beef stock, fresh ground black pepper and let this reduce to almost nada. Then, spooned the results on the steak... turned out pretty cool tasting, actually...

Your mushrooms were growing beards? :ermm: Never had that happen to 'shrooms, but I've run across a few strawberries in my fridge over the years that looked a little like a member of ZZ Top.

Tonight I was "working/volunteering" as interpreter for a large worship/bible study service. I get nervous so didn't dinner and had a late lunch instead. Then when I got home, I ate ice cream. Now I'm ready for bed. Guess I'll have to cook tomorrow night though.

There is nothing wrong with ice cream as a supper. :)

My gawd those lamb chops are gorgeous. I wish I liked lamb.

I'll second that. I don't like the smell or taste of lamb either, but those sure are pretty. Pretty enough to be pork. ;)

Some say burnt, others caramelized :chef:

In our house Himself knows it's too brown when I say we'll be "eating Cajun-style tonight".

I made powerplantop's No Mayo Potato Salad to go with the fish and veggies tonight. Very :yum:! Also, didn't make a salad because I wanted to save room for one of the French Crumb Cake muffins I got...:angel:

Back
Top Bottom