Dinner July 8, 2017 ~ What's Sup(per)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Not quite hot-hot (it's in the low-middle 80s) but it is sticky humid. Yuck. Nice, cool dinner salads for us tonight. Picture to follow.

What's shaking and baking in you kitchen today?

Thunderstorms blew through mid-afternoon, and it's been quite pleasant since. Tonight's dinner was sweet Italian sausage, green pepper, onion, tomatoes, all in a cream sauce, served with fresh fettuccine, green salad on the side. Mrs. T has become a big fan of fresh pasta. She rode with me this morning (as she frequently does), so we're not carbophobes.

img_1517585_0_f362342206ffa734f4db440f726159b1.jpg

img_1517585_1_7fa832bcbc2f6442c9f2027174942042.jpg

img_1517585_2_3c34007daca6d3708c6ef38cc24e8e04.jpg

Mexican Burrito Zucchini Boats from 'making thyme for health blog' was a little off balance as I was only doing 1 zucchini to her 4... but ohhhh DELISH!

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, that's for me Dragon...can you link the recipe for us? Yummmmm

No problem... Zucchini Burrito Boats

Note that she forgot to put in what to do with the zucchini that was scooped out. I just sauteed it with the onions, etc. I started the onions first then added in the bits of chopped zucchini - figured they didn't need as long, especially with the half hour in the oven. Worked for me!

Think I overdid the cheese a bit... :D and I'm not sorry :mrgreen:

Went grocery shopping today and decided to pickup hero ingredients for tonight's dinner (hero rolls, genoa salami, ham, provolone, pepperoni, onion, lettuce and tomato. Olive oil, vinegar and spices). Was nice and easy shopping day meal.

Some steak quesadillas at San Francisco airport. They were actually very tasty, although my appetizer portion was 19 bucks.

I'm in Ventura, and after and early morning job, I'm going to LA. I'm probably staying a a friend's house for the next few days, and he has a good kitchen, but not much cooking skills, soooooo, I may do a bit of cooking before I move on to the next city, which I believe is Sacramento.

I'm ready to go home and cook.

CD

Last edited:
Beef sliders with caramelized onions, mushrooms and roquefort. Deep fried "Crowns" as a side.:yum:

Last night, we had grilled burgers and corn from the farmers market, with a simple watermelon-cantaloupe salad on the side. It was ridiculously hot yesterday. DH offered to grill and I said Sure!
0708172042b_HDR.jpg

No problem... Zucchini Burrito Boats

Note that she forgot to put in what to do with the zucchini that was scooped out. I just sauteed it with the onions, etc. I started the onions first then added in the bits of chopped zucchini - figured they didn't need as long, especially with the half hour in the oven. Worked for me!

Think I overdid the cheese a bit... :D and I'm not sorry :mrgreen:

Thank you for this... Jeannie and I will love these...

Saturday dinner was linguini with clam sauce, green salad and cheesy brioche garlic bread...
I didn't make a dessert so settled for a couple of TJ's Chocolate Chip Dunkers...

Ross

I fixed a HUGE pot of homemade spaghetti sauce Friday night so I wouldn't have to do it Saturday. Saturday the grown-ups had angel hair pasta with spaghetti sauce and salad. the kids had elbow macaroni and spaghetti sauce with sliced cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.

Wow, for a second, I was wondering how my picture got into this thread! :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 27221

Did you see msmofet's note about Photobucket starting to charge for posting pictures on third-party sites?

that's funny GG! I would have pretty much thought the same had I seen yours!

no, I hadn't seen msmofet's post, I'll try to find it. I use Photobucket. I also used to use them with another forum but they upgraded their system where we could load our pics direct.

This forum is the exact same format, wonder if the Admin could find the same program and add it? please? and thank you? :angel: :whistling:flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom