Dinner.....June 30, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I had a couple of deviled eggs, a bowl of cold watermelon, some cherries, and Triscuits. :) Too hot to cook anything.

What did y'all have? :chef:

I grilled the ingredients for maque choux, as well as chicken legs seasoned with Penzey's Mural of Flavor seasoning; marinated cucumber salad for me and cucumber cut into sticks for DH.

I grilled the ingredients for maque choux, as well as chicken legs seasoned with Penzey's Mural of Flavor seasoning; marinated cucumber salad for me and cucumber cut into sticks for DH.

What is maque choux, if I may ask? And how do you fix your marinated cucumber salad?

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

cjmmytunes, I just made marinated cucumber salad today.

I usually mix half rice vinegar and half water, some sugar, salt, pepper, and dill.

I used pretty close to this amount today, for one English cucumber, several radishes, and some sliced red onion:
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup rice vinegar
about 2 TBL sugar, maybe not quite that much
good pinch of kosher salt
fresh cracked pepper
about a half tsp or so of dried dill (I usually use fresh dill but I didn't have any)

I put the marinade ingredients in a mason jar with a tight fitting lid and shake it up. Added the veggies, and refrigerate for a couple of hours, turning the jar over every now and then when I think of it. lol You can easily add or decrease the amount of acid/sugar to your taste.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom